• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Scenic

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
speaking of Scenic, does anyone know the average time in the pool now before getting called for training?

From talking to former Scenic pilots, it sounds like if you are in the pool while classes are currently going on. You're in the pool for good.
Just a nice was of saying "Thanks, but no thanks"

From talking to former Scenic pilots, it sounds like if you are in the pool while classes are currently going on. You're in the pool for good.
Just a nice was of saying "Thanks, but no thanks"

I've never heard anyone say that. Scenic will not waste your time and their time by looking over an application, setting up an interview, then hire you and put you into the pool just to never call you. If they don't want to hire you they aren't afraid to call you after the interview and tell you. That said, you may be in the pool for a couple of months depending on if they need FO's badly or not.

I've never heard anyone say that. Scenic will not waste your time and their time by looking over an application, setting up an interview, then hire you and put you into the pool just to never call you. If they don't want to hire you they aren't afraid to call you after the interview and tell you. That said, you may be in the pool for a couple of months depending on if they need FO's badly or not.
Ok, lets say they need FO's badly. Why not just take them out of the pool they already have? Sounds like they have a pretty large pool. Why bother holding interviews when you have a pool of pilots?

Oct. 30th

Next class will be Oct. 30th, but it's full. There were no classes the 2nd or 9th. The reason for a hiring pool is the same at every airline, just because you don't hear anything for a while does'nt mean you won't get a call.

Ok, lets say they need FO's badly. Why not just take them out of the pool they already have? Sounds like they have a pretty large pool. Why bother holding interviews when you have a pool of pilots?

How do you create a pool of pilots? By interviewing. Like the above post said most airlines do this. I don't know the exact reasoning for it, but I would guess to make sure they have a group of pilots they know they can pull from in case a lot of people leave at the same time. I'm not saying they need FO's badly I was just using that as an example. But if you are in the pool you will eventually get a call for a class date. They won't leave you in the pool for the rest of your life as an easy way to say we don't want to hire you.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back