Scenic, Skywest or Pinnacle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TDK90

Got interviews scheduled with all three, if you were fortunate to get offers from all of them which would would you go for and why?

Definitely Scenic. I hear the Caravan (out of Page) flies nice. Fun to do walk arounds in 120 degree heat. Maybe you'll get some C206 time if you're lucky.

Seriously, Skywest appears to be growing (especially with the impending ASA acquisition) and I hear upgrades are not too long. Although I am sure Scenic would be a cool job flying the Twotter in the Canyon, I would say Skywest would be the better bet if you actually want some jet time...

Good luck.

SkyWest requires 1000 inhouse to upgrade. Don't waste your time at Scenic. Go to SkyWest. Pinnacle is done growing and hasn't had the greatest reputation lately. People are friendly at both SkyW and Pinn though. Don't know much about Scenic.

Steveair said:
SkyWest requires 1000 inhouse to upgrade. Don't waste your time at Scenic. Go to SkyWest. Pinnacle is done growing and hasn't had the greatest reputation lately. People are friendly at both SkyW and Pinn though. Don't know much about Scenic.

Not true, SkyWest requires 1000 multi engine in a crew enviroment, which can be acquired anywhere. That being said I'd still go to SkyWest out of the three.

Depends on where you want to live and what kind of flying you want to do. If none of that matters to you I would go with SkyWest in a heartbeat.

Put it this way, I have my foot in the door with Pinnacle and will have no problem getting into the right seat with them. Plenty of people who have the power are willing to help me move up to a flying job. However, I am only going to use this to my advantage if a become really really really desperate when the time comes. Thats all I got!

Skywest requires 1000 hrs in-house PIC to upgrade....

Wait a minute..

On Your Six said:
Definitely Scenic. I hear the Caravan (out of Page) flies nice. Fun to do walk arounds in 120 degree heat. Maybe you'll get some C206 time if you're lucky.

Seriously, Skywest appears to be growing (especially with the impending ASA acquisition) and I hear upgrades are not too long. Although I am sure Scenic would be a cool job flying the Twotter in the Canyon, I would say Skywest would be the better bet if you actually want some jet time...

Good luck.

Scenic doesnt have Caravans.....206s.....nor do we fly out of Page.
Its all 1900s and DHC-6-300s and flies out of Vegas.;)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back