Scenic Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks much Bristol.

I've been looking at the app... it has this question " Have you ever been convicted or sentenced for any violation of the law?"

5 years ago I got a traffic ticket for failure to use my turn signal. Do these want traffic tickets listed here? It kind of sounds like it, but I'd hate check yes on this unless I have to.

Bristol said:
Days off are always back to back. Ex. mon, tues. The whole 1900 thing is interesting. There are two reasons why people don't bid on it. The upgrade is longer than working at Southwest, and you have to sign a new $ 13,000 contract. There are basically two types of pilots @ Scenic. Pilots that want to stay and upgrade to captain in the Otter. They get their 1000 PIC of turbine time and leave. Then there is the pilot that leaves without upgrading. If Otter time gets you the job @ Skywest or Expressjet, why re-sign a contract, fly less a month and spend nights in a hotel? If people like Vegas and want to stay for a few years the 1900 makes good sense.

Isn't it sad that people will still spend 2 years of their life at Scenic get their magical 1000 hours PIC and lost seniority at a job to earn 21,000 a year. I bet everyone at scenic says to get their type and go to Southwest. Who has done that? I want names.

How do Scenic pilots stay sharp on their IFR skills if the majority of their flying is VFR?

Isn't it sad that people will still spend 2 years of their life at Scenic get their magical 1000 hours PIC and lost seniority at a job to earn 21,000 a year. I bet everyone at scenic says to get their type and go to Southwest. Who has done that? I want names

I agree 100% with you. Scenic is great for low time people to come and get some time and leave. PIC time in a Otter at 9,500 feet with the landing gear down is not the greatest turbin time, and it will most likley not get you a Job at Southwest. However, some of pilots will get some cool corporate jobs with their Otter PIC time. As for our IFR skills, we fly just enough IFR to remember how to use a VOR. Bottom line, if you can't see the canyon then it's hard to sell tickets. However, Scenic is still a great place for a first flying job.

I live in Boulder City, and have rooms to rent to pilots. I fly in Alaska right now, but I'm hoping to hop into the Scenic family when they make the move to Boulder City.

You ditch drivers out there, does Scenic hire street capts? I have 2400TT, 1300ME, 250 Inst and about 800hrs shooting the blue-2! Over the dam for Indian Pass~ gotcha on tcas!

Has Scenic moved yet? Are they still keeping the Twin otters in VGT?
Are they still getting rid of the 1900's?

What's the time frame for the 1900's leaving property and the Twin otters coming on line?
Are they actually still moving any part of the operation down to Boulder city? They said sometime in June but I believe they are still in VGT.

When you say "we", I am assuming you mean Great Lakes, Correct?

Anyone have any info on the Scenic's move?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back