Scenic Airlines question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CX880

Any new info? Is it worth going there, I hear otter time is pretty much worthless when it comes to turbine/pt121 experience. Do you still have to sign a contract?

Part 121 multi turbine time is worthless? Wow.... wait till I tell the guys...! Better tell the guys that just got hired from Scenic into MD-80's and 737's! Wait, Come back! Come back! You're time was worthless!!!!!

Scenic is moving to Boulder City Airport. It's a 121 airline that operates a crew environment in turbine aircraft. It's dayshift work. You're home nearly every night. There is a contract.

I noticed that they run their Twotters two crew.
I come from Canada, where everything is pretty much two crew from PA31's and up.

Is there somewhere that there's a list of what airframe uses two crew v. single pilot? Or is it safe to say over 12500 is two crew?

Or does is change from company to company (Part 135 v. Part 121?)

I noticed that they run their Twotters two crew.
I come from Canada, where everything is pretty much two crew from PA31's and up.

Is there somewhere that there's a list of what airframe uses two crew v. single pilot? Or is it safe to say over 12500 is two crew?

Or does is change from company to company (Part 135 v. Part 121?)

From a 135 standpoint it has alot to do with your certificate. I know a guy who flies cargo in a metroIII single pilot and I know a guy who flies air taxi in a navaslow strictly two pilot as required per their 135 certificate. They actually have right seaters logging SIC time in navajos
icon24.gif

Mccube5,
I made just over $20,000 as a first year F/O there last year. I hear they have had a lot of people leave to Avantair, Skywest and Expressjet, so they're hiring low time guys more so they won't leave as quickly.
Good for the potential F/O's, bad for the Twotter captains and passengers.

Scenic is a good first 121 job if you are low-time, it's 121 SIC turbine time and no it's not worthless. I wouldn't plan on going direct to a major from Scenic, but you'll have fun and learn at lot while you work there.

Latest resources

Back