scandal agrees

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

scandal

First (if anyone even reads this again) I agree with what was said about taking the tanker slot, I guess I wasn't very clear with what happened at that unit. Believe me, I know it's a good deal and I sure didn't mean to sound too arrogant to take it.

I haven't turned it down, in fact they told me to feel free to look for other units which is what most of the guys are doing. They originally hired me to fly F-16's and said that they want to see how many current tanker guys they end up getting and what their new manning needs would be. They also said since they already hired me once I shouldn't worry too much, but that they are going to reevaluate their needs and let me know in late Sept/early Oct, with the earliest class date being in April. The purpose of my post was to look for information on other units to look at in the mean time.

About the fraternization, I didn't go into any of the details because the units who have hired me and/or given me serious consideration haven't been too concerned after hearing the details, seeing the documentation, and reading the letters of recomendation from my senior Marine as well as base Executive Officer at the time everything occured. I'm sure all of you have seen some head scratchers during your time in the military.

No, I didn't marry her after the Corps booted me because I wasn't dating her, and had only known her a few weeks. My official crime was "being on an unduly familiar basis with enlisted personnel, i.e. engaging in first name familiarity as well as hosting enlisted personnel at a non-command sanctioned party at my residence." The "All Hands Club" is command sanctioned. Believe me, there is a lot more to this story than I'm going to address in this forum.

After having my record cleared by the Board for Correction of Naval Records I was forced to fight another legal battle over repaying the 4 years of college they paid while in NROTC. Yes, I did learn learn some things at OCS and TBS and their are some guys still flying in the Marines and the Navy because of that. And for anyone willing to read between the lines on that, I can still look myself in the mirror whenever I need to.

I'm not whining about what happened, and I do take responsibility for the mistakes I did make at that time. I've learned a lot, and I'm just trying to make the best out of the hand I'm currently holding. The only thing I ask is that if I do ever get the chance to meet any of you, keep an open mind, let me buy you a beer and tell you a pretty good story.

If I were you...

I'd go looking for a Viper unit. It sounds to me like the unit that hired you is very understanding of you looking elsewhere. I would try everything I could to keep pushing back the class date until I had exhausted every other option. I also wouldn't just look at Viper units (although it is the finest fighter to ever grace the skies). I'd look into the Eagle and Hog as well.

Good luck and remember, you don't have to justify anything to anyone, especially on the internet. If I had a dollar for everyone I know that got "a little comfortable" with an enlisted chick, I could afford a Vegas call girl.

Ahhh, yes,

I think maybe I remember this incident from perhaps circa 98 or 99 down in lovely K-Rock when I was instructing full time... as I recall she had something to do with ATC or something. I remember a bud telling me this guy had gotten Vipers, and I thought it a bit odd, but was glad it worked out for him....

Last edited:
Rush Limbaugh said:
If I had a dollar for everyone I know that got "a little comfortable" with an enlisted chick, I could afford a Vegas call girl.

And if I had a dollar for everyone I know that got kicked out of the service or had their career ended for the same, I'd have enough for... well, a couple beers at least.

T1bubba

Latest resources

Back