• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Scam???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
why, do you think I should use my company account to send out a resume? HA!

No no..

I jumped ship from AOL a long while ago. Very bad email service provider. Gmail is FANTASTIC!

In fact, most email services are much better than AOL. I used AOL since the internet's infancy and it slowly became a very lousy email provider. Switched as soon as Gmail was available. Each provider soon followed suit in terms of storage and capabilites.

Here's the best one ever (shows originality and aplomb)

Subject: Nigerian Astronaut Wants To Come Home
Dr. Bakare Tunde
Astronautics Project Manager
National Space Research and Development Agency (NASRDA)
Plot 555
Misau Street
PMB 437
Garki, Abuja, FCT NIGERIA

Dear Mr. Sir,
REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE-STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL
I am Dr. Bakare Tunde, the cousin of Nigerian Astronaut, Air Force Major Abacha Tunde. He was the first African in space when he made a secret flight to the Salyut 6 space station in 1979. He was on a later Soviet spaceflight, Soyuz T-16Z to the secret Soviet military space station Salyut 8T in 1989. He was stranded there in 1990 when the Soviet Union was dissolved. His other Soviet crew members returned to earth on the Soyuz T-16Z, but his place was taken up by return cargo. There have been occasional Progrez supply flights to keep him going since that time. He is in good humor, but wants to come home.
In the 14-years since he has been on the station, he has accumulated flight pay and interest amounting to almost $ 15,000,000 American Dollars. This is held in a trust at the Lagos National Savings and Trust Association. If we can obtain access to this money, we can place a down payment with the Russian Space Authorities for a Soyuz return flight to bring him back to Earth. I am told this will cost $ 3,000,000 American Dollars. In order to access the his trust fund we need your assistance.
Consequently, my colleagues and I are willing to transfer the total amount to your account or subsequent disbursement, since we as civil servants are prohibited by the Code of Conduct Bureau (Civil Service Laws) from opening and/ or operating foreign accounts in our names.
Needless to say, the trust reposed on you at this juncture is enormous. In return, we have agreed to offer you 20 percent of the transferred sum, while 10 percent shall be set aside for incidental expenses (internal and external) between the parties in the course of the transaction. You will be mandated to remit the balance 70 percent to other accounts in due course.
Kindly expedite action as we are behind schedule to enable us include downpayment in this financial quarter.
Please acknowledge the receipt of this message via my direct number 234 (0) 9-234-2220 only.
Yours Sincerely, Dr. Bakare Tunde
Astronautics Project Manager
[email protected]

What do you think? Should I send money to get him back?

Here's the best one ever (shows originality and aplomb)

What do you think? Should I send money to get him back?

Oh my God poor guy! Stranded in space.. I sent them all my banking info and sent all my savings and my kids college money!

Will pray for him. I will be getting a hell of a return though!

Tragedy. Please help!

No no..

I jumped ship from AOL a long while ago. Very bad email service provider. Gmail is FANTASTIC!

In fact, most email services are much better than AOL. I used AOL since the internet's infancy and it slowly became a very lousy email provider. Switched as soon as Gmail was available. Each provider soon followed suit in terms of storage and capabilites.

I agree gmail.com ROCKS! Other app's like picassa tie into it very nicely too!

Please send $1500 to me too , I will provide psyhcological counseling and creditor delay tactics over cold beer in my hot tub, with at least 2 MILF's present! :)

scam

There was a similar ad one month or so ago for the same amount on an A 320, If my memory serves me well it was on Pprune, some guy had actually been contacted and pressured to send the money for the job, probably the same Prick asking for money. Send the ad to someone you do not like and is really stupid, maybe the two minds will meet.

I would suspect anything coming out of India, it is the new Nigerian scam location.

Ok guys I sent a email questioning the $1500 just for a laugh and here is the reply, plus the fool even called me, lol.

Capt Larry

Apologies for the delay.

As per the deposit is concerned,It will be refunded if you are not screened.If selected,you training cost will be borned by us.

I am sending you the application form and banking details,Please fill the form and send us the deposit by today your time and send us the reciept copy of transfer.

Here are banking details:

Account Name: Chitra G Mishra (Skywards Aviation)
Account # : (066-200-1000-1661)

Bank Name : Kotak Mahindra Bank
Branch: Ground Floor, Palm Court-M, Near D-Mart, New Link Road, Malad (W), Mumbai - 400 095

Correspondent Bank:

Bank Name: Bank of New York
No. 1 , Wall Street, New York, NY 10015

Swift Code: IRVT US 3NXXX
Account Number : 890 0517 794
Fed Wire Routing # 021000018
CHIPS UID 402260

Please call me on my cell phone # + 91 93 23 690245 for any more information.
Waiting for your quick and urgent response.
Thanks,
Regards
Captain Digvijay Singh

scam

Capt Larry
The guy on Pprune got calls also from the guy asking when he would send the money, I think twice, maybe your the guy he called, but he was agressive, dead give away it is a scam, I do not know anyone in India training captains on the 320, you have to have 100 hour in type to satisfy the DGCA, and now days they are shedding expats. I was there last year in Mumbai.

Watch out mate.

Capt Larry
The guy on Pprune got calls also from the guy asking when he would send the money, I think twice, maybe your the guy he called, but he was agressive, dead give away it is a scam, I do not know anyone in India training captains on the 320, you have to have 100 hour in type to satisfy the DGCA, and now days they are shedding expats. I was there last year in Mumbai.

Watch out mate.

The original poster's letter actually said EJET not A320. You are probably correct about the 320 statement though.

The shred of truth here is that there is a second company starting EJET operations in Chennai. The first company being Paramount, not sure of the new company's name.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back