• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

trip

I just recieved a post card in the mail-

**32.00$$ hour** + PAID HOTEL
Regional airline in MI, TN, MN, needs your help- Immediate openings, 2,000$ bonus, tools provided,
Call to speak to a recruiter.

This smells like a rat- I have not turned a wrench in 7 yrs. I also have no intention of calling. Anyone else see this?

It's a scab contract position for Northwest Airlines. They sent a card to everyone in the FAA A&P database. So far 2,000+ willing to scab. Such a small percentage considering how many A&P's we have in the USA. It sucks that the very few that are doing this are significantly hurting the entire profession.

IndyGTP said:
It's a scab contract position for Northwest Airlines. They sent a card to everyone in the FAA A&P database. So far 2,000+ willing to scab. Such a small percentage considering how many A&P's we have in the USA. It sucks that the very few that are doing this are significantly hurting the entire profession.

The pompous NWA mechanics are the ones ruining the industry. If they'd actually come to the table like all teh other labor groups they might not be in this pickle.

Come on Crizz...

Would you vote your job away to Mesa? I don't think soooo. NWA is asking for 53% job elimination. They have already eliminated 5,000 from close to 10,000 mechanics in 03'. They want that level down to around 2,500.

AMFA mechanics are not the ones unwilling to negotiate. They've already said they would take concessions as long as there are NO JOBS LOST. It's the hard-nosed Northwest management that's not backing down. They actually want the mechanics to strike. Sorry dude, but what Northwest is doing is not right.

Bottom line: Would you vote yes for a 26% pay cut with a 53% job loss contract?

Then why in the bowels of the A concorse in DTW is there all the propaganda that says:

"Full Pay to the Last DAY!!!"

And

SAY NO TO CONCESSIONS

That seems very ridiculous

I was mostly just busting your ball$ Nate ;)

Last edited:
Then why in the bowels of the A concorse is there all the propaganda that says "Full Pay to the Last DAY!!!"

And

SAY NO TO CONCESSIONS

That seems very ridiculous
I was mostly just busting your ball$ Nate ;)

Roger that! :eek:

I don't have any say in this at all. I work for rinky dink Shuttle America. I do have kinda a personal vendata for NWA though. They ruined any and all of my chances to work for ATA in Indianapolis. You and me are in the same boat. I know, I don't want to retire at the regional level. I want to move up into the majors, but if no one puts there foot down there will be no opportunities for us.

You still have the GP? Mine has been run down to the ground. Wife, kid, and house are now first priority, so the GTP is on the backburner.

Holy crap man, you've been busy!

No more GP. Drive a STS now.

I have been recieving these post cards for the last year. It is for aero-tech aviation.They are a contract maintenance company. Don't know if they are hiring for NWA or not .But I think it is about time that everybody just up and tells managment to shove it,we are not putting up with it anymore.

Latest resources

Back