Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Say it ain't so!!! Skywest COULD cancel the big MRJ order if further delays...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does any airplane manufacturer ever try and call an airline out on this? What plan is SO important of SkyWest that it has to take delivery in second quarter 2017, but yet if the delivery was first quarter 2018 with a delay of just 4 months, then their entire business plan falls apart?

The above quote from Brad Rich is being taken completely out of context. During the earnings call, a listener asked if the company was contractually obligated to weather the storm of MRJ deliveries no matter how long it takes Mitsubishi to bring them to market. Brad was trying to say that there is certain language in the contract that allows for SkyWest to nullify this deal in full if things aren't satisfactory, or become a burden on future operations. At no time did Brad say this was a current possibility, only that such an avenue existed if absolutely necessary. But then, why would anyone in the media report the whole truth?

The above quote from Brad Rich is being taken completely out of context. During the earnings call, a listener asked if the company was contractually obligated to weather the storm of MRJ deliveries no matter how long it takes Mitsubishi to bring them to market. Brad was trying to say that there is certain language in the contract that allows for SkyWest to nullify this deal in full if things aren't satisfactory, or become a burden on future operations. At no time did Brad say this was a current possibility, only that such an avenue existed if absolutely necessary. But then, why would anyone in the media report the whole truth?

You sound like Jay Carney....Thank goodness you are here to fix the confusion that Brad's comments may have made on the airline world. I am sure Brad will thank you for your help

You sound like Jay Carney....Thank goodness you are here to fix the confusion that Brad's comments may have made on the airline world. I am sure Brad will thank you for your help

You're welcome. They recruited me specifically to make your day, and eventhough they said it couldn't be done, I accepted the challenge.

Does any airplane manufacturer ever try and call an airline out on this? What plan is SO important of SkyWest that it has to take delivery in second quarter 2017, but yet if the delivery was first quarter 2018 with a delay of just 4 months, then their entire business plan falls apart?

You do realize how long a quarter is right?

You do realize how long a quarter is right?
2nd quarter to 1s quarter delay. Could be as little as June 30 pushed to Jan 1. Ok 6 months, not 4. My point still stands. No airline's business model can depend on a viability of a 6 month difference especially when it's 100 airplanes! It's just tough talk and posturing in hopes of getting a discount.

Latest resources

Back