• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No, you need that to get hired...

;)
TC

Not if you check area 9, section 3D., part F, in sub section Q....it clearly states that the ATP/1500 hr is not enforceable to anyone born on planet earth between the dates of 1/1/1900 and 1/1/3000, or if they went to ERAU.:cool:

The air fares they are paying don't even cover the cost of flying their sorry asses in coach, now you want to see them in first class? Whats the matter with you? You'd be great in management. Coming up with even more ideas to screw over labor out of the last few perks that remain. Giving non-revers the available first class seats is the least the airlines can do for the piss poor wages and the the pay cuts and loss of pensions they have forced upon us. And you want to give them to the leaches that pay 200 to 300 for a roundtrip ticket. The mentality of some people never ceases to amaze me!

Closer to the truth than anyone in management would ever admit. VA has the right policy on First Class: There is one way to get in first class and only one way: Buy a Friggen First Class Ticket.

Also: Dress code for First Class should come back. No more trailer park trash attire, flip flops and sweatpants and ignoramous catchy cartoon tee shirts. You want first class, pay for it and dress for it.

Also: Dress code for First Class should come back. No more trailer park trash attire, flip flops and sweatpants and ignoramous catchy cartoon tee shirts. You want first class, pay for it and dress for it.

Yeah Right! Maybe if the airlines ever provide actual first class service!

A couple years ago there was an article in USA today about how United's service was the bottom of the barrel. That morning I heard the FA's in the galley laughing and joking about the article... while I was in 2D with my jacket still in my lap and no drink before takeoff! If I have to brush crumbs off the seat, clean garbage out of the seatback and then be offered a bag of SunChips on a 2.5 hour flight through lunchtime then your Damn Right I will never pay for a first class seat.

First class sure aint what it used to be!

Props to Continental though, you guys do a fine FC service.

Yeah Right! Maybe if the airlines ever provide actual first class service!

A couple years ago there was an article in USA today about how United's service was the bottom of the barrel. That morning I heard the FA's in the galley laughing and joking about the article... while I was in 2D with my jacket still in my lap and no drink before takeoff! If I have to brush crumbs off the seat, clean garbage out of the seatback and then be offered a bag of SunChips on a 2.5 hour flight through lunchtime then your Damn Right I will never pay for a first class seat.

First class sure aint what it used to be!

Props to Continental though, you guys do a fine FC service.

Please come try Int'l Business Class on DAL. It's second to none, outstanding professional service by our FA's, the food is incredible and the seats are great.

What do I find wrong with a revenue passenger being in First/Business? NOTHING...if they PAID for it. I agree with others however that Coach passengers should NOT be upgraded to First/Business for free...simply because Coach was oversold. It's a different story with the FF milers who have the miles/status to be upgraded, they have purchased enough of our product to be awarded for their loyalty and business. But the leisure traveler should NOT under any circumstances be given a $5-$8000 seat because their $5-$800 seat was oversold. Too bad, so sad...go on the next flight or another day...OR pony up the money for the product.

Can anyone explain why a non-rev should get first class ahead of a loyal paying customer? Thanks.

If a loyal paying customer paid for a coach seat, why would he be entitled to a first class seat?

Non-revs, on the other hand, are collecting on a perk of employment -- either their employment or the employment of a friend or family member. Lots of professions and industries provide perks to their employees. We could spend all day discussing what perks various employers provide to employees. If I go to a sporting event I don't complain if an employee of the team gets an occasional prime seat when I've paid for the nosebleed section. When a restaurant employee gets a great meal for free I don't get upset when I pay for -- and receive -- the $10.99 special. Let's not even mention the obsceneties at Goldman Sachs.

With all the raping and pillaging of airline employees since 9/11, I think we ought to at least leave them this one perk.

It really is that simple.

The air fares they are paying don't even cover the cost of flying their sorry asses in coach, now you want to see them in first class? Whats the matter with you? You'd be great in management. Coming up with even more ideas to screw over labor out of the last few perks that remain. Giving non-revers the available first class seats is the least the airlines can do for the piss poor wages and the the pay cuts and loss of pensions they have forced upon us. And you want to give them to the leaches that pay 200 to 300 for a roundtrip ticket. The mentality of some people never ceases to amaze me!

Yea, I am management. You got me. Darn.

All I was saying is that United treats their pax like crap and maybe they can convince a few of them to buy first next time.

I don't know what people (you, nonrev's) are so concerned about first anyway for? There really isn't much difference from coach to first on UA other than the seats. Most have to pay for them, so whats the point?

The bigger reason UA should be concerned with is why so many first class seats are empty to begin with. Because the product sucks. Atleast Delta's is coming back around.

Later, jump to the conclusion guy.

Last edited:
Can anyone explain why a non-rev should get first class ahead of a loyal paying customer?

Thanks.

How about this...because since 2001 pilots have taken 50% pay cuts, more if they were displaced to FO, lost pensions, have had reduced quality if life, and are worked more now than they have ever been! Now you want us to give up one of the last perks we have on this job? Whats the matter with you? What is the extent of what you would have us give up? As a few other people have posted, far fewer than I would have hoped, many companies provide some perks associated with their employment in lieu of higher salary. And as I said earlier, most so called "paying customers" don't even pay a fare that covers the CASM.

If there is any misguided sense of entitlement issues that abound, they stem from the passengers who feel they are entitled to be offered an airfare that has pretty much stayed the same for 30 years. Airline labor has been raped for 8 years and some want us to give up even more. Utterly amazing, and beyond belief.

Latest resources

Back