Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Regional carrier jet runs off San Antonio runway
Monday September 8, 9:20 am ET
No injuries as regional carrier jet runs off San Antonio International Airport runway SAN ANTONIO (AP) -- A regional carrier jet ran off a runway at San Antonio International Airport after landing on a flight from Los Angeles.Chicago-based United Airlines spokeswoman Megan McCarthy says none of the 52 passengers and four crew members on the United Express jet were injured. They were bused to the terminal.
McCarthy says United will work with SkyWest Airlines, the operator of the regional carrier, to try to determine what caused the aircraft to leave the runway.
San Antonio airport spokesman David Hebert says in a story on the San Antonio Express-News Web site that the plane appeared to be having some mechanical difficulties.
The accident closed the primary runway at the airport for about two hours. Its other runway was already closed for construction.

No injuries, that is good. Mechanical difficulties.

I had a dream that I was a PSA FO, and I was junior manned to fly a Piedmont Dash8 as captain!, and as I taxiied into 36L I dragged a wheel off the pavement into the grass, and the prop struck. I still had a good engine, so I taxiied back to the gate, shut down, and went home.

Nobody said anything. I thought I was pretty smooth.

I had a dream that I was a PSA FO, and I was junior manned to fly a Piedmont Dash8 as captain!, and as I taxiied into 36L I dragged a wheel off the pavement into the grass, and the prop struck. I still had a good engine, so I taxiied back to the gate, shut down, and went home.

Nobody said anything. I thought I was pretty smooth.

WOAH... as one pilot to another, you BETTER seek help!

Dude,

That was funny! Does that qualify as a "wet" dream for aspiring new pilots?

Latest resources

Back