SAS Institute

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

XJPilot547

Anyone on here have any info about SAS institute in RDU? I see their BBJ all the time but have never met anyone who knows anything about them. I know networking is key but it's like Area 51 over there. Did a search and just not much really coming up. Thanks ahead of time to those in the know.

Dont know much, like you say it's pretty tight over there. They do (or did last year) have a Citation X as well as the BBJ.

Sas

I have an old frat brother that works over there. I'll see what I can find out for you. The place is privatly owned. I've been there a couple of times and there is a ton o cash there. The place is a campus; not a corporate office complex. Sorta like microsoft from what i hear. If the pilots get paid anything like the rest of the employees, you will be buying the rounds for a long time to come!

Last edited:
SAS would be a terrific company to work for. From what I know of it, it's an extremely nurturing and productive company, and Mr. Goodknight is quite the leader.

That being said, good luck. Only one or two aircraft combined with such a renowned, successful, and popular company means that the pilots who are there will not likely leave until retirement. At least, I wouldn't...

Latest resources

Back