Santulli Hints at Concessions

Dooker

Total Time
From BizJet Weekly Advisor

COLUMBUS—In a tersely worded letter, Netjets CEO Richard Santulli has told his pilots that the upcoming several years will require heavy concessions on their part if the company is to survive moving forward.

“Look, you guys do a great job—at sitting around FBO’s,” the letter states. “We feed you well, we clothe you well—all we’re asking for is a little payback.”

According to Santulli, most Netjets pilots average less that 200 hours of flight time annually. “You divide that by the number of days you guys work, that’s like getting paid to eat,” Santulli writes.

Santulli goes on to state that the company may have to look at ways to increase pilot productivity, such as asking pilots to do double-duty as aircraft detailers, mechanics or caterers.

Business aviation consultant Geoffrey Winger called Santulli’s ideas “nothing short of revolutionary.”

“[Santulli] is on to something big here,” Winger said. “Really big.”

993_Pilot

MIGS
Total Time
20 yrs
I almost wish that they would let the pilots work as mechanics at Flops, because they might actually get fixed instead of "unable to duplicate" signoffs!

Diesel

TEB Hilton resident
Total Time
Geoffrey Winger=B19

hydrarkt

Total Time
5000+
yeah, we all go that letter on our BBs!! Maybe RTS was drinking some of the new scotch onboard!!! NOT.

Are you drunk, dude. Or just making a jackass out of yourself?

TurboHonda

Total Time
>1500
Clothe you well? Do you really call them concierge/bellhop outfits clothes?

Nothing short of revolutionary? I suppose that could cause a revolution. Sam Walton started out having his pilots help inventory the stores they flew the suits to. Why doesn’t NetJets just rent the pilots to the owners? The owners could put on their profile the various attributes they wanted their pilots/rented person to have. The examples are limitless:
Second language, gardening skills, CDL w/ hazmat, musical talent, double jointed, food taster, etc

whiskytangofoxt

Guesswork in a tie
Total Time
8500++
I'm thinking secret shopper at Hooters

av8trinabarrel

Total Time
uhhhh!
You...your good you. I mean it. your good!

Now get out there and finish polishing my shi&#er, you wanker!

CA1900

Big Member
Total Time
11000+
"You divide that by the number of days you guys work, that’s like getting paid to eat,” Santulli writes.

:laugh:

Nicely done, Dooker; you crack me up every time!

captain dad

Total Time
Free
5 words for Dooker.

"Lay off the pipe man!"

Voice Of Reason

Reading Is Fundamental !
Total Time
15 min

COLUMBUS—In a tersely worded letter, Netjets CEO Richard Santulli has told his pilots that the upcoming several years will require heavy concessions on their part if the company is to survive moving forward.

“Look, you guys do a great job—at sitting around FBO’s,” the letter states. “We feed you well, we clothe you well—all we’re asking for is a little payback.”

According to Santulli, most Netjets pilots average less that 200 hours of flight time annually. “You divide that by the number of days you guys work, that’s like getting paid to eat,” Santulli writes.

Santulli goes on to state that the company may have to look at ways to increase pilot productivity, such as asking pilots to do double-duty as aircraft detailers, mechanics or caterers.

Business aviation consultant Geoffrey Winger called Santulli’s ideas “nothing short of revolutionary.”

Though a joke, there are so many posts by NJ guys on here that indicate how little they fly or do that this will actually become a self-fulfilling prophecy for them soon enough.

Don't shoot the messenger...your own guys on here are to blame. It all comes home to roost eventually...

Cycles, remember....

Last edited:

CA1900

Big Member
Total Time
11000+
VOR, I flew over 400 hours last year. Believe me, when the owner demand requires it, they get their money's worth out of us, and then some.

brokeflyer

Total Time
Though a joke, there are so many posts by NJ guys on here that indicate how little they fly or do that this will actually become a self-fulfilling prophecy for them soon enough.

Don't shoot the messenger...your own guys on here are to blame. It all comes home to roost eventually...

Cycles, remember....
yeah like the cycle where all everyone did was bash about how crappy NJ was. I've worked here long enough to that cycle more than a few times.

doh

Jump seat shrink
Total Time
48 yrs
I flew just under 400 hrs last year. Seems like we are alright if we are all flying around 400.

Cavpilot

Dooker, thats pretty funny.

Bad Monkey!

Say what again,I dare you
Total Time
10K+
Hey Dookey,

So sorry you got turned down when you interviewed with NetJets.

Please keep your resume current and good luck in the future.

gutshotdraw

ZERT Wilson CQB User
Total Time
Humor people! Damn, lighten up.