Santa Barbara, CA.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm a Santa Barbara local.

The airport isn't actually in Santa Barbara, it's in Goleta which is 20 miles or so from downtown Santa Barbara. DO NOT TAKE A CAB! It's ~$80 roundtrip from KSBA to downtown and back.

Since you're only there for 24hrs.; rent a car and drive to State Street. You can park in any of the numerous city lots. Wear your walking shoes. Park near the water and walk to the end of Stearns Warf (big wooden pier at the base of State Street). Then head up State Street. You can spend ALL DAY walking around this area. Santa Barbara is second only to Manhattan in number of restaurants per square mile.

Just a couple ideas:
Lunch: Fish Tacos at the Natural Cafe. It's at 508 State Street (5 blocks up from the beach).

Dinner: What kind of per-diem are you on? Check out the Palace Cafe. From The Natural Cafe, walk up one block to Cota St. and turn right. It's better than any Cajun food I've ever had in Louisiana. If that's too pricey turn back to State and go to Joe's Cafe.

I'd steer clear of UCSB and Isla Vista. The University of Casual Sex and Booze is my alma mater. Downtown is a lot more fun.

Maybe I'll bump into you guys. I'll be the super-tan, long-haired, sweaty guy on roller skates wearing little cut-off levi's shorts with giant headphones and a parrot on my shoulder.:D

Great. Im flying with a 50+ year old captain (you know the drill >> 3 ex wifes) so, I'll be heading downtown myself to se those UCSB chicks.. He doesn't want to get in trouble.

Ill see if I can make some pics. Maybe I'll show them to ya, or I'll try to sell my pics to Girls going wild.

So where is that elephant bar? and where are most UCSB chicks?

(per diem: 50 bucks a day within the US)

FD

HMR said:
I'd steer clear of UCSB and Isla Vista. The University of Casual Sex and Booze is my alma mater. Downtown is a lot more fun.

Maybe I'll bump into you guys. I'll be the super-tan, long-haired, sweaty guy on roller skates wearing little cut-off levi's shorts with giant headphones and a parrot on my shoulder.:D

Dude,

Did I see you yesterday at MTV's "date my mom" (gay edition?)

Just kidding dude, thanks for your advice! we'll look out for ya!

Last edited:
The Elephant Bar

If it's still there...it was practically on the airport.

Man, my memory is gettin' bad but it seems I used to just walk over there from the FBO.

Cheers!

Thank you sir.

I will however have to go to the hotel first to get rid of the monkey uniform.

If the ride isn't to bad, ill just go back to the airport.

FD

Looking forward going there. Sounds like fun.

Back in the day, you'd just tell ground you were headed to the Elephant Bar, and you'd taxi right up to it. That was 10 years ago though, it might have changed.

LOL.

I love it down here! We broke out at 500' this morning, but it cleared up completly 30 minuts later...

nuff' of this sh*t, I'm heading back to state street. I need some cold beer!

Thanks guys.
FD

Flyingdutchman said:
LOL.

I love it down here! We broke out at 500' this morning, but it cleared up completly 30 minuts later...

nuff' of this sh*t, I'm heading back to state street. I need some cold beer!

Thanks guys.
FD

Quit fabricating a cover story, you're heading staright to Michael Jackson's for a sleepover aren't you?

Latest resources

Back