• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sandals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have been to Sandals St.Lucia(Grande) and Antigua. My wife and I LOVE the place. We traveled through Jamaica and hate the place so we will never stay at the ones there. While in St.Lucia we visited the other 2 resorts there. They have a shuttle bus to take you to the other resorts. The BEST of all-inclusive hands down. But the Inter. Presidente in San Jose Del Cabo is right up there too.

learflyer said:
The only thing we didn't like was the fat ass people claiming the "floaties" as there own. Some people would take the floaties back to there porches to make sure nobody took their floaties! So the wife and I would steal them back.

Floating turds and fat people. What a romantic honeymoon.

I have been to the Sandals in Nassau and had a great time. It used to be the "flagship" resort for the chain, although not sure if it still is. Pretty decent food, nice pools, 7 restaurants, they serve you drinks on the beach, plenty of water sports, including SCUBA, and their own private island.

If anyone has kids, check out the all-inclusive Franklyn D. Resort (not FDR Pebbles) in Runaway Bay, Jamaica. They give you your own personal nanny at check-in who can watch your kids as much or as little as you like, even into the evening hours. Ours was wonderful and went out of her way to make sure we had a great time. Tons of great activities for the kids and enough to keep adults satisfied. Highly recommended. Interline rates are available for it (70% off) at www.perx.com.

Also, check out www.tripadvisor.com for traveler reviews before you book a place. These are regular folks doing the reviews, so some you have to take with a grain of salt (when they start complaining about the quality of the shampoo, it gets a little ridiculous) but read 10-15 and you get a good idea of what the resort is really like.

Somebody mentioned it as a joke, but has anyone ben to the Hedonism resorts? The G/F and I were thinking of trying that one of these days and wondered if it's overhyped, really great, what? Thanks for any info...

Well, I just came back from my honeymoon at the Sandals in Negril, Jamaica. Awesome time and the interline deal was if you fill out paperwork ahead of time and list three resort choices, if available Sandals will call you back two weeks prior and offer you a deal for $200 per night PER COUPLE. I priced the same location through their regular website and it was over TWICE that amount to the regular customer.

First class both ways on DAL out of ATL to MBJ, wide open flights since all the kids are back in school. Surprisingly great food from a buffet with great variety and four specialty restaurants (two literally on the beach) a sunny and uncrowded beach, endless drinks from almost without exception very cool workers who frequently ate and partied with us, only rained on day the day before we left (and by then we needed a day off out of the sun and away from the bar) all for $1200 for the resort and free airfare.

One of the best parts was overhearing another couple in the pool there for the same time say they were going to spend almost $4000 for their whole trip. My new bride and I just looked at each other smiling and clinked champagne glasses...

Somebody mentioned it as a joke, but has anyone ben to the Hedonism resorts? The G/F and I were thinking of trying that one of these days and wondered if it's overhyped, really great, what? Thanks for any info...

Is she hot?
yeah lemme know when you're goin. j/k

As these things typically go you'll see Hedo websites n literature with hot chicks but a few friends who went told me you get there and the typical crowd is fat n bald, with a few good looking people lost in the middle. Then again, hedo organizes a lot of parties and each party will have a different flavor of crowd so you may want to look into that.

We didn't go to Sandals, but while going through customs, we talked to a couple who went to the one in Providenciales - they didn't think very highly of it. We had a great time at the Club Med there.

We didn't go to Sandals, but while going through customs, we talked to a couple who went to the one in Providenciales - they didn't think very highly of it. We had a great time at the Club Med there.

Thats a Beaches resort. While owned by Sandals they are a far cry from Sandals resorts. Good if you want to bring the family since they allow kids, but its like a budget Sandals.

Maybe the couple expected a Sandals resort at a Beaches price, who knows. But thanks for the information since I was thinking about going to that Beaches. I better stick to the Sandals destinations.

I have stayed at Sandals Ochos Rios and Grand Lido Braco, Jamaica.

Enjoyed both of them.

Sandals Ochos has nice restaurants and they upgraded us to a villa, it is a small resort and pretty quiet at night. Older crowd for the most part. If you want to party there are probably better places to go, if you want to relax then it is great. The small beach is a bit of a drag, but you can hop a free bus to the other Sandals down the road that has a much larger beach. Lots of touristy things to do in Ocho Rios if you want to go on day trips.

Grand Lido Braco is a much larger resort. Good restaurants, large beaches, part of the beach is clothing optional. Middle aged crowd, good night life. never ended up leaving the resort except to go shopping once. The pool bar is much nicer than at Ochos.

Latest resources

Back