Sandals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HI,

Traveled to Sandals St. Lucia last year and had a blast. We stayed at the Sandals Grande resort. Sandals has two others on the island. All inclusive is a good way to go. Lots of water activities are included even scuba diving. You can visit the other Sandals and use their facilities and restaurants no problem. After visiting the other resorts we were glad we chose the Grande. Nicer location in my opinion. If you choose St. Lucia I highly recommend flying in to Castries airport. We did this and the drive to the resort is not so bad. We departed from the main international airport on the south side of the island and that ride is long and sometimes hair-raising. Highly recommend giving it a try whatever island you choose. Have fun.

Chrtrplt

Stayed at the Sandals in Montego Bay (not the one right at the end of the runway but the other one) and didn't really dig it. Bottom line is the more you drink the less they make so they make it a pain to get a drink.

The beach bar opened at 10:00am and closed at 4:00pm, then you had to go to the bar and get drinks (there were only 2 stools at the bar so you either had to stand or sit a bit aways on some sofas), then the bar closed at 10:00pm and you had to go to the night club to get a drink.

Generally each bar station had 2 bartenders (sometimes only 1) so imagine 10000 British tourists on holiday who all want a 90 different shot pineapple bannana frozen takes 40mins to make drink and you will get an idea how long the line is.

Because nobody is getting tips they really don't care about service that much. I bought some crappy reggae cd's from one of the bartenders and he basically "took care" of me when he was around.

Food was good, rooms clean, grounds were clean. If drinking isn't your thing would probably work for you, but I would guess you could go cheaper not going all inclusive (though it is pretty hard to find non-inclusive places in the Caribean these days).

Thanks guys keep it coming please!!!
Thinking to go to the Sandals in Ocho Rios if anyone has been there...
I appreciate the info!!!

Amazing! I was just about to post a question on this very same topic...

I've got a honeymoon coming up and have heard all-inclusive, specifically Sandals is the way to go.

Anyone been to one of the Jamaica resorts?

Any other recommendations?

Went to Sandals in Nassau a couple years back for the honeymoon and had an absolute blast. Nice room, great service and never had a problem finding a drink!!!! The food was better than I expected. Cant remember how many restaurants the resort has but there are at least 5.
French, Italian, Asian, English Pub (open 24 hrs, good hot wings) and a monster buffet style restaurant with lots of seafood. Bus ride to downtown was one dollar each way and they drop you right on Bay Street.
Hope this helps out and Best of Luck!!!

I've been to Sandals Inn, Sandals Mo' Bay, Sandals Royal Jamaican and Beaches Negril.

Obviously, I like them. I have never had a problem getting any service, or drinks. Very friendly, very helpful.

Once, Back in 98, I was at Sandals Inn when Hurricane Goerges was projected to go just north of the island. The forecast was for just a light brush, so no evacuations. The staff mostly left for the night to look after thier own, but they said 'you already paid, so we will just leave the bar open'. About 20 of us had a hurricane party at the tiki bar. Freaking Blast.

Try Beaches Turks and Caicos, it is next on my list. I had some friends just get back and said it was great.

If you are feeling real liucky, go to:

http://www.sandalscuba.ca/

Maybe if Castro dies we will be able to go legally. I flew into Havana a few years back and flew right over one of them, it looked nice. They are on the north coast, just by Varadero Airport.

Last edited:
Wife and I got married on the beach at the Sandals in Negril, Jamaica. We loved the place. Endless alcohol and food! The only thing we didn't like was the fat ass people claiming the "floaties" as there own. Some people would take the floaties back to there porches to make sure nobody took their floaties! So the wife and I would steal them back. Oh, by the way, putting a book and a towel on a beach chair and leaving it their all day doesn't constitute ownership either!

Also, the beaches (i think) resort was right next door. It is a clothing optional beach. You could walk through this pass through and watch drunk girls swing on trapezes naked! Now to me, that's a lady!

St lucia is the way to go, I also would say dont fly into the international airport it is on the other side of the island. Great beaches alot of watersports and alot of good food and drinks. I would say you have to go allinclusive that is the way to go

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back