Salmon Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Xtremepilot

Has anyone heard anything about Salmon Air? They are a 135 commuter and charter operator based in Salmon, ID. Any information regarding pay., past personal experiences, etc. whould be appreciated.

They recently secured a pair of EAS contracts that Great Lakes is dropping, namely Vernal (VEL) and Moab (CNY) Utah. They'll be flying into SLC with this service, presumably operated with the Chieftain. The VEL agents say that once Salmon takes over they'll be redundant, as the pilots will take care ticketing, check-in, baggage, deice, and who knows what else. Again, piston equipment in scheduled service over very big rocks in snow country - not a recipe for success.

Salmon Air is a pretty good company to work for from what I hear. It really depends on what kind of flying you do for them. I fly in the Idaho backcountry for a different company out of Boise and I absolutally love it. They fly in the backcountry in cessna singles and have scheduled routes in chieftons and CE208's also. So there is a wide variety of flying you can do for them.

IDpilot

Anyone have any recent info on pay and minimums?

Latest resources

Back