Salary Comparison

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

emb120

Looking for average starting salaries in California for SIC in mid-sized business jets like the Citation 3, Westwind 1&2, Astra Jet, etc.

Thank you for your time

EMB: You are looking at about $24k-$34k a year and I have been hearing crazy things like guys paying for training. With 9k hrs you should set your goal a little higher and apply to some of the bigger management companies...TAG Aviation, Jet Aviation, EJM etc. and earn yourself a living wage. Good luck.

Westwind & Astra salaries are a little higher in VNY. Some 91 Westwind companies start SIC's with $48K plus benies. Astra Sic 135 are slightly higher. It all depends on your experience and negotiating skills.

Westwind pay in BUR begins at $55-65 depending on experience and type rating. Most places consider the westwind a light jet, not mid-sized. Hawker, Astra, etc. should be $65-75 to start in Southern California.

Hawker, Astra, etc. should be $65-75 to start in Southern California.
DruDown flies better, makes more money and lives a few blocks closer to the beach than I do. He's also correct on his salary #'s.

Something else to consider: There aren't a lot of guys flying "SIC" on the Astras in SoCal. Most seem to become PIC's and get a bump to PIC pay within a short time.

HMR,

You're right about one thing, I do live closer to the beach than you do!

Dru

Latest resources

Back