• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Abernathy

Truthiness
Coming in at No.1? Commercial Pilots.

http://www.salary.com/the-8-most-overpaid-underpaid-jobs/slide/9/

I wonder how much this poor excuse for a columnist makes for doing, at best, shallow "research" to come to her conclusions.

She says we "get" to travel! Yay. How fun. We average 6-figures? She must have been asleep during the Colgan debacle. Or maybe she just doesn't know wtf she's talking about, which is likely the case. I like how journalists seem to think they know so much about a profession that is commonly misunderstood. Interesting how she also seems to pass judgment on Veterinarians, researchers, METEOROLOGISTS (really? We're going after scientists now? Who predicted Hurricane Sandy? Which allowed people to know when to evacuate? It wasn't a columnist I can tell you that!).

Perhaps a politely well written, level-headed letter is in order..

Last edited:
Coming in at No.1? Commercial Pilots.

http://www.salary.com/the-8-most-overpaid-underpaid-jobs/slide/9/

I wonder how much this poor excuse for a columnist makes for doing, at best, shallow "research" to come to her conclusions.

She says we "get" to travel! Yay. How fun. We average 6-figures? She must have been asleep during the Colgan debacle. Or maybe she just doesn't know wtf she's talking about, which is likely the case. I like how journalists seem to think they know so much about a profession that is commonly misunderstood. Interesting how she also seems to pass judgment on Veterinarians, researchers, METEOROLOGISTS (really? We're going after scientists now? Who predicted Hurricane Sandy? Which allowed people to know when to evacuate? It wasn't a columnist I can tell you that!).

Perhaps a politely well written, level-headed letter is in order..

Can't wait to perhaps see your letter.

You might mention the utter lack of people becoming pilots today. It sure isn't due to the 6-figure salary we all have. Or you could just ignore it. The media will never understand the airlines.

Funny that not one of the reader comments supported or defended the author. Regardless of profession, everyone who commented took her to task.

It's OK... I don't think anyone is taking her seriously. Every comment of over 80+ comments is pretty negative from almost every career field she mentioned.

At least she got some attention, not that it's going to help her writing career, but attention nonetheless.

Edit: Ty beat me to it. :)

doubt it.
facts don't matter much with most media folks these days.

Latest resources

Back