• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

safety issues

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Strip for CB panel 4, Row D is often scratched out and unreadable. How will we know what CB we are looking for or pulling if we can't read them?
This one is great. Thanks again everyone for all the input. Did anybody notice that the only person flaiming was the mod?

7 "NO STEP" per wing. I'm not sure if this is at all airlines, but in the LAV if any of the tamper paint stripes that go over the screws look like they have been broken, this needs to be written up.

Don't forget:

Backlighting needs to work behind each CB panel row, (it can be deferred, but only if lighting situation is "acceptable to the crew.")

Ground straps are supposed to be intact under each GLD and spoileron panel.

Ditching ropes are supposed to have metal caribiner rings (Our most valued customers have developed a nasty habit of stealing these rings lately.)

Tracks for the sunshades are supposed to be attached to the brackets which hold them up, not flopping around everywhere.

Last edited:
Static dischargers on the nose must all be intact. Depending on which static discharger is missing the "dots" depends on the minimum length required for dispatch. Typically 16, 14, 12 from the top two and around the nosecone respectively.

The lav flush light must be illuminated when the lav door closes and locks.

The lav must have fluid in it as the lines are headed and if there is no fluid in the lav, it now becomes a fire hazard.

The American flag must be visible as a required placard as carriers are a "flag" carrier. If your carrier places them aft of the number 2 pack exhaust, they can become faded.

The NEF takes care of a fair amount of things, except for the preceding 4 items.

Overhead panels in the cabin that are loose a partially hanging down (bad when this happens at an out-station due to the special clip that these things fasten into, is hard to come by)

Velcro straps the hold the storm curtain closed at the entry door.

Nose wheel making too much racket or shimmy.

Reading lights in the cabin must be wrote up on separate entry's.

Broken Lumbar support.

Faded placards.

It is rather unfortunate when you find one of these first 3 problems because it will delay boarding till fixed.

Last edited:
What are some safety issues with the crj-200 that I should know about? I was putting my rollerboard in the overhead bin a few days ago and noticed a screw missing from the base of the bin. So of course I called mtx and had them come out to the plane and fix the problem. Just curious if there are any other things that I should look out for. Anything would help.

Don't forget about the pilots....They're the most dangerous thing in the cockpit....

The nose gear door has a couple of grounding straps. Seems like they are broken alot.

I think MLG doors also have straps, don't remember.

The GLD's and spoilers, spoilerons also have them. select man/deploy to check

Any scratch below the cargo door strike plate needs to be checked out

The ADG placard needs to be in place. Hard to find those sometimes.

The cargo bin liner must not have any perforations (they all do)

Leading edge gap seals. There is a cumulative maximum allowable missing (check CDL)

H2O extinguisher. If the wire isn't intact and the CO2 cartridge is pierced, you need a WHOLE NEW EXTINGUISHER cause they have to weight it to make sure it is properly filled.

Nose gear steering armed placard. Lots of them unreadable.

Seats and or adjustments are no go if they are uncomfortable

Bug washes should be mandatory every turn, so should lav dumps.

All I can think of right now

Fly safe

NLG doors have 2 bonding straps at the aft edge of the door, one on each side. The MLG also has a bonding strap, one each at the top aft side of the strut.

Latest resources

Back