Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sad story...Southwest/ANG C-130 pilot found dead...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PreContact

http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/2007/03/airforce_reserve_murder032007/

Reservist’s death ruled homicide, leads pending

By Seamus O’Connor - Staff writer
Posted : Tuesday Mar 20, 2007 18:27:46 EDT

Police are searching for leads in the murder of an Air Force Reserve officer in Newton Falls, Ohio.
Maj. Karl D. Hoerig, a C-130 pilot with the 910th Operation Support Squadron at Youngstown Air Reserve Station, was found dead in his home by local police Thursday An incident report from the Newton Falls Police Department said that Hoerig’s body was found in his home, and that “the body had been dead for a while.”
Police were sent to Hoerig’s home when a caller told a police dispatcher that Hoerig had failed to show up for reserve duty for two days.
The death has been ruled a homicide, but no suspects have been announced yet, according to police Chief Robert Carlson.
Reports from the (Warren, Ohio) Tribune Chronicle said that Hoerig’s body had multiple gunshot wounds and that police are looking for but are so far unable to locate Hoerig’s wife, Claudia Christine Hoerig.
A 2000 silver BMW 325i belonging to Hoerig was found out of state Friday, according to the Tribune Chronicle.
Hoerig, a civilian pilot for Southwest Airlines, flew nearly 200 combat missions with nearly 400 combat hours serving honorably in support of Operations Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom.
“Karl has been a true friend, mentor, and longtime member of the 757th Airlift and 910 Operational Support Squadrons,” said Col. Daryl J. Hartman, 910th Operations Group commander.

My thoughts and prayers to y'all at SW. Sounds like Karl was one of the good ones.

This reminds me a lot of the Phil Hartman tragedy. I hope they find the murdering wife quickly and lock her up forever.

Latest resources

Back