Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Huggyu2

Live to fly; fly to live
Anyone landed on 22L/R at Sac Mather lately? Well, they've built a bunch of homes right on final for 22R (maybe 100 meters to the right of final), and now there is a bunch of land "being worked" on the final to 22L. I'm talking 1/2 nm final. Is this going to be housing, or an industrial park? The proximety to the runway is amazing.

The people who buy those houses weren't around in Feb 2000 when the DC-8 crashed into the junkyards right near there

yep its true right under the flight path on both sides...and they arenot tell the buyers.......brand new home 400,000 landscaping backyard 10,000 having a UPS 767 wake you up daily.......priceless

You've got to be kidding me! The DC-8 crash wasn't that long ago...didn't there used to be a bunch of junkyards/industrial parks around there?

FastCargo

FastCargo said:
You've got to be kidding me! The DC-8 crash wasn't that long ago...didn't there used to be a bunch of junkyards/industrial parks around there?

FastCargo
Yep, the crash was over 5 years ago! There still are a lot of junkyards along Sunrise blvd. Recently they have been bulding houses west of sunrise blvd near the runways.

If doing left patterns to 22L, on the inside of the base turn you can look down and see thousands of auto hulks. I suppose they either part them out or just crush and recycle them. I don't know what other businesses are there, but this seems to take up the most square footage.

Latest resources

Back