Saab Jumpseat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jellynuts

Can they normally do it or weight restricted?

It all depends on how much fuel/checked bags/carry-ons and O2 supply. Personally, I HATE to have to ride in that damned thing. It would be better than water-boarding if used as an interrogation tool! I have sat in the DASH jumpseat on a number of occasions with PDT out of ROA, and it was more comfortable than the 73 jumpseat.
I hope you haven't had any trouble with CJC and getting on?

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

Personally, I HATE to have to ride in that damned thing.
In another life time when I was a dispatcher, I had to ride that thing for 5 hour observation rides.
I'm 6'7 tall and just a tid bit over 10% body fat, so I guess I'm over weight.
When they rotated on take off, my knees would hit the controls.

Usually not a ramp weight issue, problem is the zero fuel weight. If there are a lot of bags in the back, it could put the paperwork over the zero fuel weight.

It seems ok weight wise for the most part. After a good few minutes though you will suffer for a good case of Saab ass thats for sure...

Can they normally do it or weight restricted?

I hope it's not Colgan you need a ride on since you trip over yourself to bash us to death on here. If it is Colgan you hope to ride on, I hope it's graduation weekend in CHO, ITH, SYR, or SCE and bags are packed to the gills, thus a weight restriction. Jackass.

It all depends on how much fuel/checked bags/carry-ons and O2 supply. Personally, I HATE to have to ride in that damned thing. It would be better than water-boarding if used as an interrogation tool! I have sat in the DASH jumpseat on a number of occasions with PDT out of ROA, and it was more comfortable than the 73 jumpseat.
I hope you haven't had any trouble with CJC and getting on?

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

Kaman, when did you ride a dash JS, They can't take a full boat and a JS. At least not the -100. I have ridden the Saab JS, not the most comfortable but gets you where you need to go. As I recall, they only had 15 bags and that allowed it to work in the Saab.

A lot of the flying into ROA for us is on the 300...that plane its the complete opposite of the 100 weight-wise. Most of the time I can get 50 people, a jumpseater and 80 bags with a decent load of fuel.

If you get a light, empty weight -100, low bags and 3100 lbs of t/o fuel you can ride JS with a full boat assuming a kid or two. Summer weights help too.

Kaman, when did you ride a dash JS, They can't take a full boat and a JS. At least not the -100. I have ridden the Saab JS, not the most comfortable but gets you where you need to go. As I recall, they only had 15 bags and that allowed it to work in the Saab.

A well motivated crew can and usually will get a jumpseater on a -100. I've done it numerous times. There's always at least 10 kids in the back during the summer......

Latest resources

Back