SAAB 340 question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No sir,
Different engines and different numbers. Some Saabs also have different props which adds more numbers. Weight and Balance numbers are different too. They don't make it easy:eek:

RK772

According to your information you have flown the Saab 340. Are you telling us that even after going through a complete Saab 340 ground school that you do not know that there are limitation differences between the A and B models. Weights alone should answer your question. Then remember the CTOT and APR systems, different engines, etc. etc.

I have never flown the "A" model. The company I worked for did not have the "A", so I was not required to do a systems difference class.
I was basically refering to the speeds and not the weights. If they have the same airframe and props, (Which I did not know, that's why I was asking the question) it is a possibility the speeds could be the same.
That's what I hate about asking a simple question on this board, someone always has to try to boost his/herself by trying to make you look like an idiot.

Last edited:
Sorry man! I did not mean to make you sound like an idiot. Yes there are different speeds. With the A model it has a 28,000 lb Max T.O. and the B Model 29,000! The B-Model speed cards you know have the speeds for APR Armed and no APR.
Vmcl in A=103 and the B=106. Approx Ng for use of the HP Bleeds is A=80% and B=78%.

RPM Max T.O A = 100.6
RPM Cont A= 100
TQ Max T.O A=108
TQ Transient = 118%
ITT Max T.O =930
ITT Transient = 960
ITT Cont =917
Overtemp Light = 947

If I recall most if not all other numbers are the same for A and B. Dont know about some of the different props, our A and B models had the Dowty props. All of our A models had the MOD 1531 for the higher weights and our Bs had the MOD 2438 for the higher weights. Also there was some difference in the cargo weights, A model was 1725lbs and the B models were 1975lbs.

The A models have the 1735 shp CT7-5a2.

A Model 26 volt ac can be powered through a stby inverter.

Engine overspeed protection in the A model includes a 1474 Np protection where the ECU is disconnected from the HMU torque motor. (Crossair Fix) B Model has the two Np sensors you know.

Autocoarsen events are boaring and different A to B

I flew the SAAB almost two years ago and can't remember a **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** thing...shoot, I better hang up this flying thing!

Sorry about the blow up. I guess unemployment is starting to get to me.

The other day, my next door neighbor asked me if I was a house-husband. She said "it's good that your wife can support you."

Can you believe that, I'm a house-husband. Well, better get back to the cooking.

If you start watching Oprah, then you must:

A) Send ALL your certs back to OKC
B) See A.

At least with Springer, you get to feel good about yourself, because no matter how bad it gets, you will never be in as bad a shape as the trailer-park-trash losers on that show :)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back