Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

It will roll

It just wont be prettty.
Going to be jumpseating (cabin only) on Silver Airways Saab 340B out of FLL to Bimini Bahamas soon. Used to fly the Saab but can't remember the #'s.
Will it be weight restricted on a 37 minute block time on the short hop to Bimini due to landing weight limit?
Just wondering if they can fill it to 34.

Thanks!

Depends on the fuel! If the dispatcher is good and understands the loads you should be ok. I hope! Miss the Saab I do!

Going to be jumpseating (cabin only) on Silver Airways Saab 340B out of FLL to Bimini Bahamas soon. Used to fly the Saab but can't remember the #'s.
Will it be weight restricted on a 37 minute block time on the short hop to Bimini due to landing weight limit?
Just wondering if they can fill it to 34.

Thanks!

37 minutes? You should be more worried about take off numbers. I seem to remember the max t/o at Colgan was 29 max landing was 28,5 and a good burn guesstimate was 1200pph.

Yeah mtow factors in max ldg wt we're saying the same thing differently but thanks.

From my time on the Saab, without several kids on, it was at very best a 33 passenger plane. More often it was better to only count on 31 and feel lucky if more can get on. 37 minutes, no alternate, probably could get 32 as long as there isn't an excessive amount of bags.

Yeah mtow factors in max ldg wt we're saying the same thing differently but thanks.

Yea.. We aren't saying the same thing at all. What I'm saying is.. The Saab very often can't even go with the weight under its max landing weight. It's not exactly a performance machine. I've had to kick people off even when leaving Dulles on a hot summer day, and that's when you have an 11,501' runway available.

Remember the A model out of CRW taking off from 23. Good God if a DING DING DING happened on the role kiss your ass goodbye! LOL

Latest resources

Back