S-76's rule!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Groundpounder

I got a ride in an S-76 today, and I have to say it was pretty awesome! I don't really have anything else to add, I just wanted to say that.

I used to ride around in a UH-60 with a bunch of nasty men in camo. Is that close enough? :D

Minh

Snakum said:
I used to ride around in a UH-60 with a bunch of nasty men in camo. Is that close enough? :D

Minh

Hmmm I don't know, I was sitting in a leather chair with the a/c on drinking a bottle of water looking for babes sun bathing on the top of high rises on Miami Beach.

I like the S-76 but I think Wayne Huizenga's H65 Dolphin is the ultimate badass chopper ride, I love the screatchin noise it makes as it zooms by. You never see those in civilian atire.

similar to this...
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/897343/L

Huizenga's hangar is full of nice toys...

Snakum said:

Minh

What a coincidence, I used to be one of those nasty men in camo - loved sitting in the door, feet haning out, with only a sling rope tied around my waist and secured to a tie down on the floor keeping me and my usually 100+ pound ruck from exiting before the aircraft had come to a complete stop! During 8-years of mil service and numerous hops, other than Chinooks and MH-6, I never saw a helo that had seats in the back. Sort of related, but I always get a kick out seeing movies where the actors are being transported in various military rotor-wing aircraft and usually are shown sitting on comfy seats. Also, there always seems to be a scene in which key characters are portrayed holding a normal conversation (sans headsets) in the back of something like a UH-1, UH/MH-60 (with the doors open), or even on the pallets above the skids outside the fuselage of an MH-6!

crash-proof said:
I like the S-76 but I think Wayne Huizenga's H65 Dolphin is the ultimate badass chopper ride, I love the screatchin noise it makes as it zooms by. You never see those in civilian atire.

similar to this...
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/897343/L

Huizenga's hangar is full of nice toys...

Any guy that owns two 737's is ok in my book. His fleet is:

737-200
BBJ
G4
EC155 http://www.pbase.com/airlinerphotos/image/26104713
2x Bell 430
Twin Otter on Floats
Has a BA609 (Civvy Tiltrotor) on order

Plus the a/c of various family members. Nice.

Hmmm I don't know, I was sitting in a leather chair with the a/c on drinking a bottle of water looking for babes sun bathing on the top of high rises on Miami Beach.
Crap. You win. :(

I always get a kick out seeing movies where the actors are being transported in various military rotor-wing aircraft and usually are shown sitting on comfy seats.
I wouldn't call the stretched canvas torture devices in the Black Hawk and in the $hithook 'comfy'. :D

But I hear that the old Hueys were even worse.

Minh

My favorite was Bell 206L Long Ranger. My dad's pilot would always pick him up in the backyard and fly him right to the top of his office--it's like a magic carpet ride!

$hithook!!

I wouldn't call the stretched canvas torture devices in the Black Hawk and in the $hithook 'comfy'. :D

OK, now it's personnal. I resemble that remark! :eek:
Actually, if you had to spend the night in the field, we would fold the seat backs down and sleep on the seat backs. We called it the Boeing Hilton. Sleeps six very comfortably.

Latest resources

Back