Ryanair Cattle Car

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DUBLINFLYER

I flew from DUB to MLA on Ryanair last week (3 1/2 hours)and there is nothing to compare the "Cattle Car" effect of the 737-800 with 189 passengers anywhere in the states. The seats were so close to each other that it was impossible for the average sized person to get the tray table down all the way. The seats did not recline and they were the most uncomfortable seats I have ever sat on. I sat in the 3rd last row and it took the FA's 2 1/2 hours to come from the middle of the plane to serve us. They had very little left when they got to use and the beer and soft drinks were hot. (They offered ice - one cube each)
The FO was flying the plane and his landing was the scariest one I have experienced so far, there was no wind and just as he touched down the plane started to go left almost of the runaway, the left wingtip almost hit the ground, he did something wrong with the rudder when he touched down, I question their training.
BTW - if you check-in at the airport and not online its ?75 each plus bag fees of ?50 for the 1st bag,

One ice cube, that's about right for Europe.

You need to send a detailed email to CEO Michael O'Leary explaining your complaints. He is well-known in Europe for his outstanding customer service and customer relations, often being referred to as the Irish Herb Kelleher. Let us know what he says. :)

I'd say it's very similar to riding Spirit here in the US.

They fly a A320 that seats 178. Most other US carriers with two classes have 148 on that plane.

They fly a A321 that seats 218. Yes, you read that correctly.

And no recline as well.

This is not meant to be a slam on the Spirit pilots in anyway. I've ridden on them and they have been awesome, but realistically you'd rather sit in the actual jumpseat. And they are making a ton of money. I still own their stock but I wouldn't buy a ticket on them even to save a few dollars. But plenty of people do.

I'd say it's very similar to riding Spirit here in the US.

They fly a A320 that seats 178. Most other US carriers with two classes have 148 on that plane.

They fly a A321 that seats 218. Yes, you read that correctly.

And no recline as well.

This is not meant to be a slam on the Spirit pilots in anyway. I've ridden on them and they have been awesome, but realistically you'd rather sit in the actual jumpseat. And they are making a ton of money. I still own their stock but I wouldn't buy a ticket on them even to save a few dollars. But plenty of people do.

I flew on spirit twice last month and it was just fine. The seats weren't bad, no recline but still pretty comfortable.

Spirit!!

As I was reading the thread, i thought right away,

SPIRIT.

The seats are like iron, no knee room even for a short wife, a water costs $3.
No offense, but I avoid traveling on them.

I must say, the pilots seem very happy.

Growth with an upgrade on the near horizon will do that to you. Exciting times for their Pilots.
Oh and I also flew Ryan air and was not impressed...I noticed that they had nothing in the seat back pockets I guess because leg room is so limited. ..so if a pax gets sick they'll have to pre plan to buy a sick sack so as to not throw up on the floor...because if they do there is a 100 dollar cleaning fee :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I have flown Spirit recently and it was fine - although I am not obese like 80% of this country. To be honest, the entire seat recline issue is ridiculous and I believe there should be no recline option because you invade the space of the person behind you. An airline offering first class could offer it in first class because some people would pay for it, but it doesn't make sense in an all-economy layout. Sure, long flights would SUCK without being able to recline yourself, but it is worse when you have someone reclining into your seat for 4+ hours. Just my opinion.........

Can't wait for Ryaniar to start flying 787s or A330Neos in the next 3-4 years Transatlantic - that will be interesting for the cramped passengers.

Latest resources

Back