• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

RVSM recurrency for part 91

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't think there is any recurrent required for a Part 91 operator. From all that I've read its only for 121/135 ops. FAR 91 Appendix G states such about initial and recurrent. However, its the next paragraph that states each operator validate and demonstrate each pilot has an adequate knowledge of RVSM requirements, policies and procedures. I'd ask the FSDO who gave you the LOA for your equipment if you need a recurrent course. Not that it'd be wasted money to do a refresher course for any of us.

If it is written in your operations manual that you will do recurrent every two years, then its required. It also largely depends on your FSDO who issued the LOA. Even though we had the currency requirement removed from our ops manual our FSDO (CMH) wants us to show recurrent training every two years.
Check with your FSDO.

G100driver, where can I find the reference for this?

Thanks.

I am affraid that I do not.

When I took an international procedures course the instructor was referencing several pilots were hung up on SAFA checks due to having "expired" 1st class medicals. This was mainly due to inspector.

Sorry I cannot be an more help.

I am affraid that I do not.

When I took an international procedures course the instructor was referencing several pilots were hung up on SAFA checks due to having "expired" 1st class medicals. This was mainly due to inspector.

Sorry I cannot be an more help.

Gidday G1000 mate..

What do you mean about expired 1st class medicals? were they part 91?

What do you mean about expired 1st class medicals? were they part 91?
My guess is that they were. The US has some unique regulations. For us, when our 1st class medical certificate "expires", it is still valid for operations requiring a 2nd class, then later as a 3rd. In many countries, when the 1st class medical expires it simply is an expired medical certificate, with no provisions that allow it to be used for anything else - hence the rub for some US part 91 operators flying in other countries. When we operate in other counteries, we not only have to follow our regs, but theirs as well.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back