Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

brokedash

Member of the DX A-Team
What software does your airline use to calculate runway data preformance? What systems are you familar with? What do you like best/least about various systems?

I am very familar with Aerodata and enjoy the product. There is the potential for several factors to be calculated in, assuming your airline has it programed that way. The guys at AD seem to do a lot of work and deliver what their clients want as far as format layouts, penalty options and easy to use flow of data. On the downside they also offer options that can be selected by clients that greatly restrict take off weight on contamination levels beyond wet data.

But don't you want the ability to compute takeoff number with accurate restrictions? I must not understand what you're problem with AD is.

But don't you want the ability to compute takeoff number with accurate restrictions? I must not understand what you're problem with AD is.

I don't have a problem with AD. The problem comes from an option my airline selected that results in huge MTOW hits using contamination levels. An example would be a recent fly that took a 50000lb hit with dry snow less than 1inch. Under wet conditions
The MTOW would be fine. This again is but one such instance. Any time we plan for slush or greater we take a huge hit on runways less than 10000ft.

Other than that I'm just asking what products others use fors runway data and any pros/cons they see.

That weight restriction is either from the airplane flight manual, and this, is mandatory, or advisory data, which while advisory (means the aircraft wasn't certified with it in mind) but the advisory data is calculated to the same levels of precision had it been used or generated during the certification trials. At least that's how they explained it at Boeing's performance engineer training class back in 2010.

We use our own internally created performance program set, based on the Boeing Takeoff Modules, or the Airbus version of the BTM. All aircraft, except the B777, their performance programs look the same.

There are a lot of companies out there. Jeppesen, Aircraft Performance Group, and Navtech all offer runway analysis. I am sure there are others as well.

We used Aero Data at the regional I worked with a number of years ago. At my last company we used the Teledyne OPS computers as well. Right now we use our own in house created software with performance info from the Boeing manuals and engineering department. Works pretty well actually but at times it seems it may be too restrictive at times. With some careful manipulation you can get better results though.

Latest resources

Back