Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Running out of options (my first bout with the aviation blues)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have a contact looking for a LR-35 SIC. PM me if interested. Can't get you the job, but maybe an interview.

Last edited:
...50% true. they dont like more than one or two VFR guys, and they dont pay a DIME until you have IFR mins :(

...600 hours will grant you NOTHING at GTA unless you know someone, as they get a ton of resumes at that level.

...not to discredit the option :)

PS i have some pipeline contact info at home for the Khou area, ill look it up for ya tomorrow!
Actually, recently when I checked most of their pilots were VFR only because they are having trouble keeping IFR pilots. And, they had just again updated their pay scale (for VFR and IFR pilots) to try and stop the high turnover rate of their pilots. You are correct in that they do have a lot of resumes. But with you living in HOU you have a very good edge over the candidates, as they seem to have trouble finding pilots in HOU.

Last edited:
Got a job offer with the pipeline patrol outfit. Evidently they are part 135 but I qualify for "VFR" 135. Flying a 182RG that seems to be in pretty good shape. The best part is it's got freaking air conditioning! It's a salaried position and with the current state of the industry I feel like it's better than instructing for two more years. Thanks to all y'all that gave advice and positive comments. I'm still looking for corporate one day, but this is fine for me now.d

Got a job offer with the pipeline patrol outfit. Evidently they are part 135 but I qualify for "VFR" 135. Flying a 182RG that seems to be in pretty good shape. The best part is it's got freaking air conditioning! It's a salaried position and with the current state of the industry I feel like it's better than instructing for two more years. Thanks to all y'all that gave advice and positive comments. I'm still looking for corporate one day, but this is fine for me now. I just want to try too keep my instrument skills current...

Congrats, man!

I think that should be a good gig for you. You'll be able to build up all the right time...Total, PIC, and X/C. You'll have to find your IFR and Night time somewhere, but at least you'll get those, which will help when you want an IFR 135 job. The M.E. time will come, too.

I think that low-level flying should come in handy if you ever want jobs that operate low level in rough terrain, like fire fighting, and some Gov't jobs...not 100%, but seems like it might fit.

At any rate, way to go!!! :D

Got a job offer with the pipeline patrol outfit. Evidently they are part 135 but I qualify for "VFR" 135. Flying a 182RG that seems to be in pretty good shape. The best part is it's got freaking air conditioning! It's a salaried position and with the current state of the industry I feel like it's better than instructing for two more years. Thanks to all y'all that gave advice and positive comments. I'm still looking for corporate one day, but this is fine for me now. I just want to try too keep my instrument skills current...

LOL...instrument skills and pipeline patrol dont necessarily go together ;)

nevertheless...it sounds like you found the very company i was gonna give you the contact info for...congrats!!!

Last edited:
LOL...instrument skills and pipeline patrol dont necessarily go together ;)

nevertheless...it sounds like you found the very company i was gonna give you the contact info for...congrats!!!

Yeah, I'm hoping to keep flying the part 91 contract stuff on the weekends. Couple of buddies, one flies a 402 and the other a twin commander so hopefully my multi and ifr stuff will keep progressing. Thanks.

Well so much for my "job offer". It has since turned into "we are looking at several applicants and will let you know by the end of the week". F*cking great.

Latest resources

Back