• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks, man.

Here's another one.

Recipe for freedom fries...

Cut russet pototoes into half-inch slices, then cut again.

Soak in water for five minutes to remove starch.

Blot off excess moisture with paper towels.

Fry in motor oil at 400 degrees for 5-6 minutes.

Salt to taste.

Hey Bobby--
Actually, what I assumed you loved was watching re-runs of Elway and co. stick it to my team two years in a row in '87 and '88.
I give Elway credit for "The Drive" but to this day I insist that Karlis missed that field goal in o.t.
And then, why couldn't someone teach Byner to cover the ball with BOTH hands???!!!
I still haven't healed from that one.

The "Drive"

brianjohn said:
Hey Bobby--
Actually, what I assumed you loved was watching re-runs of Elway and co. stick it to my team two years in a row in '87 and '88.
I give Elway credit for "The Drive" but to this day I insist that Karlis missed that field goal in o.t.
And then, why couldn't someone teach Byner to cover the ball with BOTH hands???!!!
I still haven't healed from that one.
Well, sure, I always love watching the Broncos playing, and winning. And, of course, "The Drive" was classic.

The truth, though, is that during those years Elway carried the team. It was primarily Elway and a bunch of guys named Joe. Exceptions would be such players as Karl Mecklenberg and Steve Atwater; Atwater hit hard but wasn't the greatest pass defender in the world. Reeves did it with Elway and mirrors. Invariably, the Super Bowl exposes a team's weaknesses (The Oakland-Tampa Bay Super Bowl was a classic example.). So, when the Broncos made it to the Super Bowl those years, it was an anti-climax because a loss was almost a foregone conclusion, and predicted embarassment. And not fun to watch, either.

It was better in 1997 and 1998. Elway had some real players with him.

The new Browns have a good team now, and a brewing quarterback controversy. You have much to look forward to.

Bobby-- I'm surprised you didn't mention Mark J., Vance J., and Ricky N., a.k.a. the "Three Amigos."
Who was it that stripped Byner on the one yard line in '88? For some reason I keep thinking it was Jeremiah Castilla? What a game that was. Like I said, I haven't fully recovered from that one yet.
My fav teams (Indians, Browns, and Cavs) are notorious for finding some way to screw it up. Names such as Ernest Byner, Jose Mesa, Michael Jordan, and of course Elway will live on in dubious infamousy in the hearts and minds of my fellow fans.
As much as I detested Elway for shafting us, in my opinion, he was the greatest (in his prime) of the last 20 years. Not only for his rocket, pinpoint arm, but also for his leadership skills.
In my opinion there shouldn't be a quarterback controversy in Cleveland this year. Holcombe is the man. Couch NEVER impressed me. I was livid when they drafted him. I was also livid the day I heard Brian Giles was on the trading block, and even more livid the day the Tribe shipped him to Pittsburgh for a situational lefty-- who isn't even with them anymore!
I could go on and on... I doubt you have to be a Brown's fan to know this one: Third and long = Metcalf up the middle.
Psshhhh. What a waste of talent.

Football

brianjohn said:
Bobby-- I'm surprised you didn't mention Mark J., Vance J., and Ricky N., a.k.a. the "Three Amigos."
True about Mark Jackson. He was a good football player. The other two were overrated. Other teams in the league had better wideouts. The O-line was mediocre and actually went from bad to worse until Mike S. became coach.
Who was it that stripped Byner on the one yard line in '88? For some reason I keep thinking it was Jeremiah Castilla? What a game that was. Like I said, I haven't fully recovered from that one yet.
Close. Jeremiah Castille. A Tampa reject. I believe that he was gone after the next year.
As much as I detested Elway for shafting us, in my opinion, he was the greatest (in his prime) of the last 20 years. Not only for his rocket, pinpoint arm, but also for his leadership skills.
And just think how great he would have been had he had a real supporting cast.
In my opinion there shouldn't be a quarterback controversy in Cleveland this year. Holcombe is the man. Couch NEVER impressed me. I was livid when they drafted him.
Well, Kelly sure looked better than Couch during the first part of the year.

It's okay that we talk about football. Football is a perfectly good flight deck topic. :)

"It's okay that we talk about football. Football is a perfectly good flight deck topic."
Is that a nice way of saying you hate baseball?
I agree-- had Elway had a decent offensive line, who knows what he would have done.

'Pray for the innocent Iraqi children'?

W's going one better - he's gonna liberate 'em.

If I lived ther I'd rather risk being bombed than tortured.

Go W.

Baseball

brianjohn said:
"It's okay that we talk about football. Football is a perfectly good flight deck topic."
Is that a nice way of saying you hate baseball?
Not in the least. I'm primarily a football fan. Moreover, MLB here in Denver has been disappointing for several years.

The Rockies appear to have slightly better pitching this year. And they have a better catcher with Charles Johnson.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back