Rumors of possible hiring at UPS?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Haven't heard anything

The TA got voted down. What that means is no raise for new hires (not that we have any) and no incentive pay for high time lines or over time...which is good for hiring because fewer people will want to do extra flying.

It's too early to tell how this will impact hiring. The company will probably be pissed we said no....even with the union leaders suggesting a yes vote. This could lead to "stuffing" the lines to the contractual max for extra productivity, which would delay hiring.

I don't know if they will hire, but I had 12 days off recently and 8 days of that I got J/A calls.

They definitely need some more pilots.

N

To any UPS pilots,

Obviously not hiring, but what would any of your impressions or opinoins be on what aircraft would be staffed with new hires, an FE seat, but which A/C??

thanks....!

From what I am hearing, they are planning on parking anywhere from 4-9 747's in the next year. I think they are pretty good on the DC-8. I have several friends on that AC sitting reserve and they get called but not every day. They could possibly use a few on that airplane I would imagine. The 727 is where they are pretty short. In fact rumors abound that they may be putting about 5 727's back on the line due to moving a 757 and a couple A300's to the International side of the house. If this is the case they will need several bodies on the 727. From what I hear those engineers are getting abused.

We have a new realignment bid coming out this week so we will know more then.

Latest resources

Back