• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rumors Fly Over Fate of Midwest Planes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok so then if it is not a Regional Jet, then why do people call it one when we are taxiing around?
If for some chance DL mainline flew the 175... I am sure the guys behind the controls would be pissed if we said we were going to follow the RJ.

Plain and simple it is an RJ, nothing more nothing less!

Look dude, they are 70-90 seats. The 190 is almost twice the capacity of the CRJ -200 for almost the same pay. I won't argue with you anymore.

Management loves guys like you. (like I said, I was there 10 years ago). Hopefully, you won't be in the same situation the MEH guys are facing (i.e. the outsourcing of their jobs )in the not so distant future.

I couldnt give 2 sh1Ts about semantics. Call it an RJ, a DJ, a BJ for all I care. If you are comfortable with your pay and work rules, fine. Rock on with your bad self.

Reality. Doing the same job, for half the pay. Call the airplane whatever you want.

By no means is RP a shinning night! All I am doing to stating a fact... This flying has F&CKED everyone.

Just remember if you demanded proper pay (like...higher FO pay than 37 seat Dash 8 Piedmont rates for starters...), Midwest never would have outsourced flying to the lowest bidder.

Now this begs the question again... Why is the 175 a mainline airplane... To me it is a regional, I work for a regional I refer to it as an ERJ unlike others...
Is it because we use a jet bridge like the CRJ, because we have slides? Because the engines hang?
Well it flies mainline routes and takes away mainline flying. Pretty obvious to me.

I know all regionals should be paid more for the job... but ALPA is to blame for this...
Its hard for ALPA to do anything when they are constantly competing with people willing to work for 40 cents/hour/seat so they can get a QUICK UPGRADE! And move to a LEGACY!

I do not choose to what I make ( in a sense of the matter I did) just have to so I can move on to a legacy carrier...

Exactly. Whore yourself out flying mainline aircraft for 37 seat pay so you can sink the profession even further. People like you don't deserve a legacy job because you are helping make them disappear.

I also agree we all need to be unified... But it will never happen, Pilots and our TYPE A personalities will prevent this from happening.

Yep ME ME ME ME ME! Cut off my nose to spite my face. Live with mommy and daddy while flying a big mainline jet, take picture of myself in the engines so I can jump ahead of the other pilots who are demanding an adequate wage, and thus losing any additional expansion opportunities to the Mesa's and the Republics of the industry.

Latest resources

Back