• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rumor of a Wholly Owned being sold!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Skywest could easily start another alter ego to fly on the East coast. Like JO has done with Freedom at Mesa and like Chautauqua is about to do.

Don't be surprised when it happens. That will take care of any problems with the pilots "no" vote on "jets for jobs".

Hey surplus, tell me about this alter ego thing that CHQ is about to do. I have not heard anything about this. Can you give details?

Pilotdad

Here is the information you requested. Emphasis (bold) supplied by me.

Quoting Bryan Bedford, President and CEO of Chautauqua Airlines:

"Company Update for December 20, 2002

"...We have reached a tentative agreement with US Airways on the affirmation of our current contract covering 26 regional jets and the possible addition of up to 9 regional jets with Chautauqua. This agreement is contingent on a large number of “conditions precedent”, not the least of which is they [Airways] successfully emerge from bankruptcy. We hope that Airways will present the amendment to the bankruptcy court for approval early next week. We will not know if the agreement will be approved until January 20th at the earliest. Our Holding Company has also reached a tentative agreement with US Airways to operate up to another 23 regional jets; also assuming numerous conditions are met, including approval by the ALPA association at US Airways. Since Chautauqua cannot comply with the Jets for Jobs requirements, additional furloughed pilots from Airways would be covered under the other regional jet service agreement between the Holding Company and US Airways....

"...Well that’s all for this week. Please take great care of our guests and each other.

"God bless you all,

"Bryan"

Hmm...

I think the mgmt at SkyPest ;) would be very unlikely to want to get involved with the very disgruntled, die hard ALPA pilots at ALG or PDT. It would go very against their desire to keep their company union free, and only open up the gates for trouble. I also doubt the Dash guys would be very coperative with the new mgmt.

Latest resources

Back