• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rumor NWA to park all DC9 30 within 12 months

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Northwest will take all of Midwest 717s then all of AirTran 717s. Airtran will be bought by Southwest for an all 737 fleet. Then Southwest takes over ATL. Here now you take a smoke."

So whose senority list do I stapled to the bottom of?

I've seen news articles that congress needs to reauthorize the FAA funding bill by Sept 30th.

I know they are debating all kinds of user fees for this bill but is this the same bill that some congressmen are trying to attach age 65?

It won't get passed. The bill is too controversial. With no new bill, the FAA will be funded at FY2007 levels.

Yes.

Age 60 isn't going to change anytime soon through Congressional action.

While I agree that NWA will be parking the -9s, the real question is when. They are a money machine.

What about the old rumors that -9s will go to the desert to pick up the Bus crews as those frames are retired?

stop trying to guess or predict what management will do. All its going to do is to give you an ulcer or heart attack.

Rumor was 1st Bus already in the sand. next years flying forecast for the -9 hasn't hardly been reduced. Heard they were thinking 10-15 frames and now maybe less. -9 training is screaming for IP's. There is sooo much B.S. on here.

What is the delivery rate of those E175s? I think a thread on the Regionals board said you might have 36 by the end of next year? That seems like a lot.

Bye Bye--General Lee
Hi General,

The EMB 175 deliveries are supposed to be 35 by the end of next year, and the CRJ 90 for Mesaba are also 35 within the same time frame.

Our schoolhouse staffing guru says that we are still planning 20 DC9 upgrades per month with no end in sight,....sooo, the rumor is still a rumor.

Amazing that if true that NWA staffing folks are not in the loop on this.

Now, a question for you,...do I need to sew extra buttons on my coat and dig my hat out of storage ?

Is this not what you were told when you voted this contract in?

Everyone voicing their disapproval for the TA on this forum said this is what was going to happin. (?)

Park -9's, replace at lower paying ERJ's.

Rumor was 1st Bus already in the sand. next years flying forecast for the -9 hasn't hardly been reduced. Heard they were thinking 10-15 frames and now maybe less. -9 training is screaming for IP's. There is sooo much B.S. on here.

I agree with that.

The DC-9 fleet is making money for NW. The airplane is reliable, built like a tank and most are already paid for. I've heard that there are plenty of JT8Ds available for power by the hour leasing at rock-bottom prices, so keeping the -9's on for awhile longer probably makes good sense.

The -40's and -50's will be here til 2015 with the -30's phased out between now and approx. 2012ish. By then most of the 68 787's will be here doing BIS, FAR, CID etc. Making it the -9 replacement aircraft.

Those cities would get like one flight a day...supplemented by a SAAB or two. Or better yet, combine them all together with flag stops and hot turns.

Latest resources

Back