• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

RUMOR: Netjets, FLOPS Merger!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is not going to happen.. What would NJA do with a bunch of used non-standard aircraft?? Not to mention the give away contracts with the owners........

Ain't going to happen.........

Nope!!!!!!!

NOWAY!!!!

I heard that in the next week

Coke is buying Pepsi

McDonalds is buying Burger King

and Wal Mart is buying Target

(and the USA is buying Canada and Mexico)

SHEESH! You guys crack me up.

Merry Christmas Everyone

Re: Re: sleep

gunfyter said:
Money is made SELLING airplanes NOT managing them. Why would NJ take on the responsibility of managing hundreds of planes we did not sell and take care of 1000's of Owners who did not buy from us?

Because most of the SALES in this business come from owners and referrals from owners. Add 1000 new owners and you immediately add SALES.

I am beginning to think this rumor may be have some truth to it. I hear more and more evidence everyday that points to NetJets taking over Options. I smell something big happening.

Well that's ok there's plenty of room at the bottom of the senority list..

I just hope none of the pilots are given walking papers from the non-400xp or 800xp fleets at Floption's..

Well the anti-UNION types can take a hike..

I agree, and everyone should welcome the Options guys to NJA too. It will only make things better for both sides, it truely is a win-win situation.

My 2 cents...

The more I think about this the more I am convinced that there is some validity to it. First of all EVERY time a large rumor gets floated around FO there is some truth to it. Secondly, if I where Raytheon a sell out to Net Jets would be my goal. Think about it, if RTA can get Netjets to commit to large aircraft orders, large maintenance contracts etc. using FO as a sacrificial lamb would make all the sense in the world. Also, I don't think it matters that the contracts from FO might be undervalued because the whole goal is Market Share. If you can add 3000 customers overnight to your existing operation and use your existing "overhead" IE. CMH OCC etc. you are going to make money. Even if you lost half of those 3000 customers when there contracts where up you still would be way ahead of the game.

I think the bottom line is it is very possible that RTA is positioning FO to be used as a bargaining tool to advance their other aircraft business. Yes, they could probably give FO to Net Jets and make out in the end with aircraft orders and maintenance contracts, who knows.

As for seniority, well Net Jets only has 60 First Officers so stapling us to the bottom of this list just won't matter much.

Just my 2 cents.... it makes interesting conversation.

And an even bigger OPTION on it's existing owners when their contracts become renewable at the 5 year mark. Most of those contracts aren't very far from that mark. When Raytheon tells it's owners that they will no longer be able to renew the contracts for those BeechJets and 800XPs, where will they go? I'm guessing the airlines won't be the first choice. Any other fractional companies out there offering this type of service?

I guess I'm in the minority thinking this makes perfect sense. You take out your largest competitor, gain 1500 new owners who fly similar equipment, the majority of which will purchase additional shares in the future and refer their friends. Plus, Raytheon is probably offering to pay NJ to take Flight Options off their hands.

Latest resources

Back