Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

KiddDynomite

Netjets, FLOPS Merger!

I heard the other day from a X driver, that the union was approached to come up with a proposal for merging seniority lists!

My reaction was to call several of my friends still employed by FLOPS (at least until their fleets are reduced) to see what they may know. To my surprise they informed me that their chief pilot said something major was in the works in the first quarter of 2004.

This may explain why the compnay has recently placed an order for 50 Beechjets with options for fifty more and also cancelled some negotiating sessions in January!

Kidd Dynomite

wow that takes about 3 different situations going on at nja and rolls them into one big merger.

If it does happen staple to the bottom. I don't ever see it hapneing. Our ceo has said many many times that the FLOPS buisness model doesn't work for what we do. He doesn't want to take on their debt and used airplanes.

If this were to happen it wouldn't be a merger. NJI to NJA would be a merger. Flops/nja would be a buyout period. Much like american did to twa.

To be honest I'm not giving up my senority number to someone else because I chose to come here and not flops. This argument was hashed and rehashed when the EJM floaters lost their job. Some (not all) wanted to be entered into the senority list with DOH. I'm glad we were able to offer jobs to the EJM guys and help them out but at the bottom of the senority list.

Diesel said:
wow that takes about 3 different situations going on at nja and rolls them into one big merger.

If it does happen staple to the bottom. I don't ever see it hapneing. Our ceo has said many many times that the FLOPS buisness model doesn't work for what we do. He doesn't want to take on their debt and used airplanes.

If this were to happen it wouldn't be a merger. NJI to NJA would be a merger. Flops/nja would be a buyout period. Much like american did to twa.

To be honest I'm not giving up my senority number to someone else because I chose to come here and not flops. This argument was hashed and rehashed when the EJM floaters lost their job. Some (not all) wanted to be entered into the senority list with DOH. I'm glad we were able to offer jobs to the EJM guys and help them out but at the bottom of the senority list.

I don't know of any of the my fellow EJM floaters that seriously thought they would or should have any seniority considerations at NJA. It was always made very clear to us that we were the red headed step child of the NetJets family. So far as I know a few people (maybe 5) got on before they dumped us all, but after the layoffs (42 guys) not one of us has been hired at netjets. I have been told that after netjets starts to hire the ejm guys are at the top of the list for interviews, but we shall see. Most of us have given up and taken other jobs, and I don't think many can wait another year. This is not a post designed to bash netjets, it just bothered me when you said that jobs were offered to the EJM guys, when in reality it was only a few and not to any of the laid off guys. Although laid off sounds like there is a chance of comming back when there is none.

Last edited:
My reaction was to call several of my friends still employed by FLOPS (at least until their fleets are reduced) to see what they may know. To my surprise they informed me that their chief pilot said something major was in the works in the first quarter of 2004.

Did our chief pilot say this on a voice mail? Did he say it to them personally? How come I heard nothing of this?

(at least until their fleets are reduced)

Kidd, you work for NJ....so how would you know the plans that FLOPS has for its fleet of A/C? Someting major in the works.....WOW your right we are getting more large aircraft.......

Your post is nothing but BULLS%$T flame bait.....or mabye just more IBT scare tactics.....

Last edited:
Yeah, I heard it from one of the X drivers also. He said that Mr. S was seen with Ricci. That is very bad for NJA.

First, Ricci was bought off and can not get back in the FO building. Ricci has nothing to do with Flight Options now regardless of what he says.

Second, if I were a NJA guy, I would be very worried about what Ricci is up to by speaking to Mr. S. Ricci hates union guys and it be very interesting to see if Ricci begins to attend any of the negioation meetings as new member of the NJA managment team. NJA guys could be very hosed. If I were a NJA MEC guy, I would be working to find out just how true this rumor is, and, if not true, put an end to it. Ricci is just bad news to a pilot group. Your MEC should be working to make sure Ricci is in NO WAY involved in NJA.

Third, anything is possible: however, it is unlikely that the FTC would allow the creation of a Fracational Monlploy by the merger of NJA and FO. US Air / United ring a bell.

sleep

I do no0t think you should lose much sleep over this merger. The likelyhood is infintesimal as you have two distinct philosophies.

Netjets relies on the sale of new equipment for their success.

Concerned

My only concern is that everytime a rumor of this magnitude gets floated around FO it ends up being partially true. I would not be surprised if Net Jets was talking with FO, don't forget Nahills original title prior to working at FO was "Mergers, Aquisitions and Liquidations". If anyone at FO thinks Nahill and Raytheon are in it for the long haul they are kidding themselves.

Just my 2 cents....

I do no0t think you should lose much sleep over this merger. The likelyhood is infintesimal as you have two distinct philosophies.

Netjets relies on the sale of new equipment for their success.

Yeah, that sounded like me before the RTA/Options merger was announced.

400A Order

I would also add the Raytheon selling NetJets 100 400A's (50 with an option for 50) and 8 800XP's is an indication that this rumor could be true.

Latest resources

Back