Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rumor Control: Jetblue Asks Pilots for Voluntary LOA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FurloughedAgain

Cabin Heating & Air Tech.
Heard a rumor today that JetBlue had started asking pilots for pilots to take voluntary LOA to mitigate furlough.

I heard it second-hand but given the current environment industrywide it would not surprise me.

So what's the truth?

It has not officially been announced that I know of. I know that they are looking at VOL LOA's on a case by case basis.

Dont they have 5 year contracts there so if the let go a new guy they have to pay out for the time of contract. Or would they furlough those guys there right around 5 years.

Dont they have 5 year contracts there so if the let go a new guy they have to pay out for the time of contract. Or would they furlough those guys there right around 5 years.

find "dead" horse....start flogging!:eek:

...nothing official on the LOAs. As longhorn stated before.

I'm sure there are a handfull of guys that would take it...but it'd have to be longer than just 4 weeks. There currently isn't any language that addresses it at the moment.

If they furlough any pilots, it is in the contract that those pilots will still be paid for 70 hours worth of credit. So it really does not make sense for them to furlough us at this point.

Although I would not be at all surprised if there was a loophole or some way around this.

This is way exaggerated. LOA for the seasonal pullback? Maybe.

Furlough? The more we talk about furloughs, the less we talk about JBPA.

Latest resources

Back