• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rumor Alert-SWA may consider hiring external dispatch applicants

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know why people wanna work there, I just don't understand why. Southwest has ruined this industry, turning it into a bus service. Remember when people actually used to dress up to fly somewhere? Remember when airlines actually had customer service? That is all gone, because of the way WN operates.

Work there= middle seat, last row, for LIFE!

Yeah, that's the ONLY reason why the legacies have been sucking the teets off the bankruptsy judges over the past 5 years.

"Work there= middle seat, last row, for LIFE!"

What part of full airplanes are bad? A non-rev doesn't help the company pay it's bills (directly). If I have a hard time getting on a WN plane stand-by, that means the company is doing something right.

Hmmmm I wonder...

Do you have to line up at the interview door 2 hours before just like you do to get on one of their flights???

I know why people wanna work there, I just don't understand why. Southwest has ruined this industry, turning it into a bus service. Remember when people actually used to dress up to fly somewhere? Remember when airlines actually had customer service? That is all gone, because of the way WN operates.

deregulation turned flying into a bus service and i'm glad. the average consumer shouldn't have to pay out the @ss to fly somewhere. nor should they have to dress up to fly. customer service is gone in every industry now.
you're living in the past my friend.

I blame Canada.

Do you have to line up at the interview door 2 hours before just like you do to get on one of their flights???

Not required but probably a good idea. 10 min early is 5 mins late.
Other than that you better have skills, mad skills.
People skills to get past the People Dept interview. (check out the pilot gouge and look into "behavior based interview" techniques.)
Dispatch skills to get past the written, practical and ??? that the dispatchers are looking for.
Wn in general is very Xenophobic due to a fear of importing legacy cancer. Also since we do dang near everything different at WN, compared to elsewhere, it means we have to take time and money to train outsiders on the WN way. I suspect that because of this they will be looking for around 5 years of 121 Dx time from externals, (my opinion, not inside info), so that they can spend more time on WN topics and less on Dx 101 topics.
If/when WN starts looking externally for Dx'ers it will be probably the most competitive interview in the industry. Think about it, WN hires several hundred of the best pilots the industy has to offer each year. There might be 5 Dx slots annually. Not trying to be a jerk I just want everyone who is interested prepared to bring their A game.
Good Luck
RVSM

We recently had some tools interviewing for us with just a polo shirt and pants. No bueno. LMAO. And our interview process is rather simple compared to other legacies.

Not required but probably a good idea. 10 min early is 5 mins late.
Other than that you better have skills, mad skills.
People skills to get past the People Dept interview. (check out the pilot gouge and look into "behavior based interview" techniques.)
Dispatch skills to get past the written, practical and ??? that the dispatchers are looking for.
Wn in general is very Xenophobic due to a fear of importing legacy cancer. Also since we do dang near everything different at WN, compared to elsewhere, it means we have to take time and money to train outsiders on the WN way. I suspect that because of this they will be looking for around 5 years of 121 Dx time from externals, (my opinion, not inside info), so that they can spend more time on WN topics and less on Dx 101 topics.
If/when WN starts looking externally for Dx'ers it will be probably the most competitive interview in the industry. Think about it, WN hires several hundred of the best pilots the industy has to offer each year. There might be 5 Dx slots annually. Not trying to be a jerk I just want everyone who is interested prepared to bring their A game.
Good Luck
RVSM

were you on a day shift yesterday?!?! I couldn't believe my eyes.

Latest resources

Back