• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

RUMOR: Alaska to Buy Frontier!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Rainier Beer" Gone Long time and I cry every time I pass the brewery and see that rediculous Tulley's sign. Yes, the coffee. All these California nutcases moved in and overdid the whole Seattle and Coffee crap. First, it was Olympia being bought by Anheiser Busch, then out goes Rainier. I couldn't stand it any longer (**CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** near went dry without a local beer and surplus of loco beer-nuts -ie Californians) Moved out east and drown my sorrows with a new friend, Sam Adams.

As for buying Frontier, why would AK threaten its' relationship with Horizon and the new incoming Rj's servicing (competing) most of Frontiers routes. AK has (always) a good N-S market from Mexico to Alaska and Horizon filling in the gaps in the middle and branching out east to feed the machine.

100-1/2

It is indeed an old rumor that's been floating around for the three years I've been here but the fact that QX is flying, or will be flying RJ's in Frontier colors does add fuel to the fire. I'm not sure if it would be good or bad for the pilots at both company's but my commute from SEA to DFW would get easier. Maybe even a layover at home.

100-1/2 said:
As for buying Frontier, why would AK threaten its' relationship with Horizon and the new incoming Rj's servicing (competing) most of Frontiers routes.

????

Alaska owns Horizon. Threaten its' relationship? Everything Horizon does is at the blessing of Alaska.

sing it!

Singlecoil,
Can I get an AMEN brother!

AMEN.

Incidentally, how do you ANC boys feel about the 200's going away and the 300's showing up? At least that's the latest rumor...

Mudhen's forever!

I already learned to type (and fly) once - back when I was a new hire. I'm sure I could learn it again.

Our base is so senior, left seat is pretty much locked up for the next decade... anything that brings growth will be welcomed by 95% of us. There are a few old timers who won't like the FMS and the glass.

Personally, I would would hate to become a "real" airline pilot, 3 and 4 day trips - hotel vans, bad hotel food, having to share the front lav and galley with the "A" F/A and pax rather than an igloo of freight. But change is inevitable. Being a CA in 6 to 8 years rather than 12 to 15 would be nice, but being home almost every night is hard to beat. I think my last flight to SEA (and night away from home) was back in early August. It would be nice to be on a 3rd margaritta in P.V. rather than the 3rd missed approach in JNU. And yesterdays walk around at FAI when it was -30F was a bit refreshing...

Pro's and Cons... I am just enjoying each day in the Mudhen, knowing that it's time is short and that our ANC base will someday see some big changes.

300's with a door. That rumor has been around awhile, but seems to have returned. I won't believe it till I see it sitting on the ramp, with a smiling face on the tail and they send my butt to SEA for a typing lesson.

That rumor has been around awhile, but seems to have returned. I won't believe it till I see it sitting on the ramp, with a smiling face on the tail and they send my butt to SEA for a typing lesson.
Finan was in ANC a few weeks ago discussing that very issue with T.S.
They are looking at 300's, and a couple of vendors to put doors on them.

getting the 300s

Yesterday I spoke with a supervisor of maintenance for Alaska Airlines. He is a Master Chief in my Navy Reserve squadron, and he was explaining to me that the -200s were going away because of an expensive maintenance check that would be due in the near future, and that instead the company will be leasing the -300s for less money. He also said there would be no net increase in total aircraft (as of the current plan that may change tomorrow).

Being home for dinner most every night sure sounds great!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back