Ruling please...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

twepilot

Here's the situation..From over the Alma (AMG) vor southbound on J-XXX received a clearance to cross INPIN at 270. We accepted the clearance and programmed the FMS to comply. A bit further down the airway, well prior to our descent point, we advised Mia center of a need to deviate slightly west for weather along our route and near INPIN. The controller said cleared to deviate west proceed direct MOEMO when able for the Shifty arrival (KRSW was our destination). We programmed the FMS for direct MOEMO and began a slight deviation (maybe 10-13 degrees west of course.) After getting a good angle on Direct MOEMO and ensuring that we would pass a safe distance between 2 cells we inserted MOEMO on the flightplan and proceeded direct as instructed. A few minutes later the controller asked if we had a crossing restriction for INPIN...The FO responed that INPIN was no longer on our flight plan/route since we were previously cleared to deviate and then proceed to MOEMO. The controller kinda sheepishly said roger. So whats the deal on this...In my opinion, since we were no longer going to pass over INPIN the crossing restriction no longer applies. I think the phraseology should have been cross abeam INPIN at...or a DME distance from MOEMO that coincides with INPIN. What do you think??

RV

I think you're legally in the right, although I'd have probably queried him along the lines of, "Do you still need us to make a crossing restriction down the line?"

I agree w/ CA1900. You did everything correctly, but asking ATC about the crossing restriction would have been a good idea.

Latest resources

Back