• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Royal Air Crash

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Business as usual (again) on their website.

Must be nice getting crap wages and when they want
Their plane back in PTK at end of the week, their pilots
Are expendable (be damned the weather).

100-1/2

How many people have to die at Royal before they shut that freaking place down? And no one cares because its cargo...

Business as usual, they launched a lear jet just 3 hours after the crash from PTK. Small un-scheduled company like that, you would think would shut down operations for at least the night.

"Hey we got a trip for you, be here in 25 minutes, hot freight, by the way, Andrew was killed, no biggie."

Sounds like a page out of an Ernest Gann book.

God speed to the pilot...

Did the NTSB ever determine a cause for the Lear they lost in Chicago a couple of years ago?

I guess I am missing something too. Did the company hold a gun to their heads and tell them that they had to crash? I flew some 135 so you don't have to tell me about the pressures of getting the aircraft back to base. The pilots are the last line of defense in their career and lives. Just say no and divert. Wait until it clears then come back. Now if you are saying that it was poor maintenance or something other than pilot error I better understand how this would be Royals fault. As far as launching another aircraft later that evening? This is a business. It doesn't stop because someone gets killed. Sad as that might be it is reality. If you were trying to get hired at a major and they asked "why were you fired from Royal?" and your answer was that you wouldn't return the aircraft to base in zero zero weather I don't think that the interviewer would have anything but respect for you.

tt-

nice mis-characterization. may not be a gun. but to your average 310 cargo joe
grossing 30k/year, money has the same motivation.

Ladd was in Atlanta obviously at direction of RAX for several days following a Paid
gig (priced one-way by RAX). Then RAX decides they are not going to keep their
plane/pilot there over the weekend on their dole and dispatch the guy back to PTK.
at $30k/yr living in waterford, he doesnt have the type ratings or the financial
resources to risk telling RAX "get bent, i will see you in the morning when wx is
better?" Oh, but you are right, he will most definitely have a chance to tell an
interview panel someday just how awesome he was for the cardinal sin of telling
his Co Dispatch "no to a 135/91 repo".

you are effectually hanging this crash around his neck just as you would hang
the 9 hours of flying this same pilot did earlier that week when a 3hr 91 Repo/RTB
took him over daily limit?

You are obviously an expert with "some" 135 (back in the day). unlike your
world full of type ratings and 121 ego-fulfillment where dispatch tells you
when to wipe your arse, 135 is a partnership: No certificate holder may
assign...No pilot may accept...

100-1/2

Last edited:
100-1/2 Based on your logic, then Atlas should have stopped ops after landing at the wrong airport, South West should have stopped ops after the LGA incident and their recent mishap.

I can't think of any 135/121/ etc that shutdown after an accident. Did you know the pilot, did you know his financial situation? Sounds to me like you are an aviation failure that is bitter about life and negative towards everything.

When we lost our A-310 at BHM this past year, we didn't shutdown UPS, I continued to fly our schedule that night.

Dawg,

Nice situational awareness. My best friend is C. Franciosi. Therefore,
I won't be soiling UPS in the manner your junior ineptitude has thus
Far, nor will I oblige such an idiotic reference/engagement on BHM.
Nowhere in either of my posts have I called for Rax' 'shut-down'.
Aviation is full of isolated and systemic problems. RAX has a clear
Systemic problem given their loss rate compared to industry avg.
I don't know the pilot from Waterford but I know the operation and
I know the sales/dispatch force in PTK. I have competed against RAX
And also Contracted for RAX. There was only one guy in that office i
Would ever work/contract and think he left some time ago as I cut
Ties shortly after Wheeling.

Thanks for the psych eval, but I already have an ME and you sir are
Obviously overqualified anyway. Goodluck upgrading @ UPS, you
Apparently are their Below-the-Zone or Affirmative Action
Contribution to the Aviation Gene Pool. They will find you eventually.

100-1/2

Fed's shut down Grand Scare in April of 2003 when they lost two DA-20's in 3.5 hours, one in the woods at TOL with 3 KIA and one into the river at STL when it ran out of gas. They had destroyed 3 DA-20's in the 5 previous years without killing anyone.

Latest resources

Back