Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

murfdawg998

CHAMP, HERE!!!
Being that we're in the heart of snowbird season and many aircraft are traveling back and forth to South Florida, I noticed something a little different as I was sitting in gate hold @ TEB this past Fri. The controllers were asking aircraft if they were able to accept "deep water routing via A761." I'm not sure where these aircraft were headed, but we were going over WHITE to PBI.

I have a couple of friends that work there in the tower and they told me the routing is over SHIPP off of the TEB5 departure. My question is this: did anyone flying to or from South Florida from the NY area receive any such routing and if so would they be so kind to provide the routing they received? Also, if any of you are familiar with this routing, are you still in contact with Jax/Miami center or would you need HF radio. The chart seems to show A761 as being just east of the oceanic airspace boundary.

Any insight would be terrific...I'd like to see if the mighty Citation would be able to accept such routing to avoid delays during this and other busy travel periods. Thanks in advance to all.

MURF

HF yup. I haven't had to do it yet, but some of the other guys have taken it. Have rafts and radio will travel.

We went from TEB to BCT and got over WHITE also. I did hear a NJA aircraft get asked if they could do the deep water route over SHIPP. We were not asked that but could have done it.

Been there done that. Didn't need the HF, do need vests and raft. It was a real time saver. We were looking at 2 - 3 hour delay out of TEB to PBI. Total delay since we could do the deep water route was 45min. Not shabby. I remember the routing was out over SHIPP, but don't recall anything after that. It was 3 weeks ago.

I've used these routes several times and can greatly reduce, if not eliminate, ground delays going North/South.

Try this routing South: SHIPP LINND AZEZU R511 PAEPR A761 JENKS AR1..from here the routing varies depending on destination

MIA-HOBEE HEATT5
PBI/BCT-AYBID FRWY1
FLL/FXE-HOBEE MRLIN4

Going North: PERMT AR16 EMCEE A761 PAEPR R511 BERGH OWENZ....
from here the arrival changes are numerous, but I'd be willing to wager if you file direct from owenz you'll get ATC routing.

This routes can also be found on the NBAA site

Tailwinds~Mike

I've used these routes several times and can greatly reduce, if not eliminate, ground delays going North/South.

Try this routing South: SHIPP LINND AZEZU R511 PAEPR A761 JENKS AR1..from here the routing varies depending on destination

MIA-HOBEE HEATT5
PBI/BCT-AYBID FRWY1
FLL/FXE-HOBEE MRLIN4

Going North: PERMT AR16 EMCEE A761 PAEPR R511 BERGH OWENZ....
from here the arrival changes are numerous, but I'd be willing to wager if you file direct from owenz you'll get ATC routing.

This routes can also be found on the NBAA site

Tailwinds~Mike

Thanks a lot Mike and thanks to others who responded. We heard a NetJets flight be cleared to TNCM via BREZY...it's been a couple of years since I've been to TNCM, but I don't remember being routed over BREZY...I wonder if this could be another little trick to eliminate delays.

MURF

that's the 'offshore' radar sector at NY center. It was designed mainly as a SWAP (severe weather avoidance program) reroute. If there was any weather along the coast, most of the NY area flights down to FL would file AZEZU R511 PAEPR A761 HANRI to avoid it. In the beginning, only JBU and COA were using the offshore routes.

However, last years post-thanksgiving weekend and this previous holiday (presidents day weekend), alot of november flights were using the reroute, along with the majors. There were a sh*t load of private jets going to HPN/TEB/MMU this past monday.

If you file Northbound back to any NY area airports you will get routed AZEZU BERGH OWENZ CYN GXU RBV V249 METRO. You'll probably get AZEZU direct OWENZ direct RBV and then be vectored by approach for sequencing.

Also, if you're flying down to St. Martin, you'll most likely get SHIPP LINND and then a nonradar route down to SJU or MIA airspace. I don't know where you got BREZY from.

I was in TEB the other day and they had delays over white and I asked the tower if I refiled over shipp would that expedite me out of there. They told me they dont do shipp out of teb!!!??

that's true. what you want to ask for next time is to be routed over DIXIE.

DIXIE is a fix just east of WHITE on V276

the routing should look something like this :

DIXIE V276 PREPI OWENZ AZEZU R511 etc.

the only flights that are allowed to file over SHIPP are JFK, LGA, FRG & HPN?

EWR & EWR satellites (ie TEB, MMU, etc) file over DIXIE

hope this helps

Latest resources

Back