• Friendliest aviation community on the web
RJDC suit

I agree that the RJDC suit is comprised of regional "lifers" trying
to expand their control at the regional level. I think they believe
that someday maybe their regional will become a "major" airline,
but that will not happen. There is no one single major CEO that
doesn't understand the important of the regional airline and its
place in the food chain. I would say everyone that comes to a
regional treats it as a stepping stone to the next level. Unfortunately, some people chose (or are restricted) to stay at
the regional level due to age, education, past violations, etc. or
they just want the schedule their seniority allows. I have no
problem with that, but I have a big problem with someone tearing down the working conditions, pay, and schedules that
past pilots have built up thru the years. The RJDC thinks that
the flying Delta allows Comair/ASA to do belongs to them and
therefore they should be allowed to negotiate with Delta. Wrong!
Just because Delta decided to buy Comair and ASA, it did not
automatically integrate us with Delta mainline. Each company
has its own management and that management is directed by
Delta, Inc. Good luck trying to convince Leo that he should negotiate with Comair/ASA on a contract. I'm sure he is in the
loop, but I don't think he's responsible for every little detail.
Since the RJDC has such a problem with ALPA negotiating for
both mainline and the regional side, I suggest those pilots "quit"
ALPA or convince their respective regionals to dump ALPA and
start their own association (not a good move in my opinion).

I wouldn't be surprise if you see a new lawsuit in the near future
comprised of Comair/ASA pilots suing the RJDC for limiting their
career. I for one would support that!

Alot of you guys have said some really insightful things here. I am guilty of sometimes grouping all the ASA and Comair pilots into the RJDC support circle.

The majority of my flying was done at a US Airways Express carrier. Most of the pilots there wanted to get their time in and get out.

While I respect everyones right to stay where they are, I think these rjdc Assholes are causing a bigger problem with the overall perception of a much larger group.

I for one am realizing that the majoity of pilots want to go to a mainline. I will continue to keep ASA and Comair separate from the rjdc in my mind. I think this is slowly being understood by some of my fellow Delta pilots, I am sure many more have realized this before me.

So long

Re: Lawyers fund

davessn763 said:
Why can't they use the grievance process and their MEC the way the rest of us do? Why don't they see that their efforts are counterproductive?

The issue is not scope. It is representation. The reason why we do not use the grievance process is because ALPA, illegally, refuses to allow the grievances to go forward. Duane Woerth has directed our grievances to the Bilateral Scope Impact Committee, which can not do anything. The RJDC did address the BSIC before the law suit and again, ALPA refused to do anything to address our concerns. (The RJDC will be glad to send you copies of the letters denying our rights to the grievance process)

The issue is not "regional lifers." I'm in my early 30's with a Master's and turbine PIC time, not a "lifer" by the typical definition. However, any idiot with a sense of history can see that allowing management to run alter ego airline operations destroys collective bargaining rights. Read ALPA's own publications, Flying the Line I & II and tell me that the RJDC and ALPA's founders are not like minded.

Repeatedly the RJDC's prognostications have been verified by no less than the Delta MEC when the truth could no longer be hidden. It is not "disinformation" because the news arrives six months before ALPA reluctantly confirms the truth.

ALPA was again given the opportunity to fix the problem and again went down the path of illegally denying Regional pilots the right to negotiate their pay and working conditions with their employer.

And you mainline guys who are angry at the RJDC for fighting your attempts to furlough Connection pilots for no reason other than mainline furloughs - why don't you get angry at your own representatives, who with ALPA's illegal practices, have still been so incompetent as to allow all of this alter ego Delta flying to occurr? Seems like you should be asking questions of the representatives that represent you with your dues money!

Perhaps you should support the RJDC. You must admit, your MEC's "effective scope" has not been very effective. A better course of action would have been a push to end Delta's alter ego operations (not expand them as your MEC voted) and combine lists so that all Delta flying was performed by Delta pilots.

So the six month cycle continues. In six months the Delta MEC, Delta and ALPA will again confirm the prognostications of the RJDC, but by then most will have forgotten this news letter.

Regards,
~~~^~~~ (not Jessie, but I take any allegation to be him as a compliment. He is a smart guy)

Re: Re: Lawyers fund

~~~^~~~ said:
A better course of action would have been a push to end Delta's alter ego operations (not expand them as your MEC voted) and combine lists so that all Delta flying was performed by Delta pilots.

SoRegards,
~~~^~~~ (not Jessie, but I take any allegation to be him as a compliment. He is a smart guy)

Sounds good to me, but how will this help you? You are not a Delta pilot.

There is a way to become a Delta pilot, but the rjdc is not the way. You just need to interview when they are hiring, which your group seems hell bent on making sure they never do again.

But I guess your chance to become a Delta pilot the traditional way ended when you became a part of the rjdc.

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Lawyers fund

NYRANGERS said:
Sounds good to me, but how will this help you? You are not a Delta pilot.
Why don't you ask one of your Captains that hired in with Northeast, Western, Ransome, or Pan Am? The answer is the same... Or stop by the Delta Heritage museum and look at the F27 in DAL colors, or the display on the "merger" of ASA.

Clearly those pilots who came before us understand. It is you who cling to bigotry while your fellow pilots are being furloughed.

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Re: Lawyers fund

~~~^~~~ said:
Why don't you ask one of your Captains that hired in with Northeast, Western, Ransome, or Pan Am? The answer is the same... Or stop by the Delta Heritage museum and look at the F27 in DAL colors, or the display on the "merger" of ASA.

Clearly those pilots who came before us understand. It is you who cling to bigotry while your fellow pilots are being furloughed.

So let me get this straight. You are equating the Pan Am merger with ASA buyout...??

And how the hell did you tie bigotry into this thread?

PS. I have talked to a few Western and Pan Am captains that I have flown with. And they think you rjdc guys are full of **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**. Why don't you ask some of them yourself. It would seem (in YOUR opinion) that these pilots would be a great help to your lost cause.

Last edited:
If you ask me the RJDC is kind of silly. I understand what they are doing, but it doesnt make sense to limit your own company. I mean you guys are owned by Delta right? Seems your effort would be better spent trying to secure a flow through, which in these economic times wouldnt be too hard. Or if you really wasnt to pi$$ in the wind try to convince a judge that since you were bought by Delta that you should be intergrated into the senority list. That should be a hoot.

But I bet you have a better chance at any of the above that what your trying to do. JMHO

mckpickle said:
Or if you really wasnt to pi$$ in the wind try to convince a judge that since you were bought by Delta that you should be intergrated into the senority list. That should be a hoot.

But I bet you have a better chance at any of the above that what your trying to do. JMHO

IMHO that would be the fastest way for them to be sold off. It would generate some much needed capital, and might put to rest the rjdc clowns.

take care

I hope they do sell us

Then the gloves would really be off, and we would take all of your flying.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back