RJDC letter to DW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JoeMerchant said:
Do you support mainline scope language that limits what ASA/SKYW does OUTSIDE of the DAL/UAL codeshares? If it isn't going to happen, then why the language in mainline scope sections that limit what the regional codeshares do OUTSIDE of the codeshare?

Joe

Short answer, yes I support it. Why? Well, I don't want a company like Skywest to make money off a Delta code share, and then turn around and use that money to buy airplanes which will ultimately be used in competition against us. Look at Independence. They are struggling and may not make it. Better for Delta since there will not be another LCC to compete against. Keeping the Delta code share may have given Indy time to become a dangerous low cost competitor for Delta, something which is not in the interests of the Delta pilots.

If your company wants to sign on to provide feed for Delta, fine. But when you start making moves to become a Delta competitor, thats fine too. But terminate your contract with Delta. So, yes I think its fair that we limit your ability to do so.

michael707767 said:
If your company wants to sign on to provide feed for Delta, fine. But when you start making moves to become a Delta competitor, thats fine too. But terminate your contract with Delta. So, yes I think its fair that we limit your ability to do so.

It's so simple isn't it? You've hit the nail on the head here, but the RJDC morons just can't see it. They want bigger planes, fewer restrictions, blah blah blah... they can have all that and more if they just ditch the Delta code share and become their own airline. Easy! As it stands now, Comair isn't an "airline", they're a contractor providing lift and pilots to service Delta routes. So, either fly your DL contract and stop bitching about it, or do like Independence Air has done so successfully and go it alone, run your own airline and get bigger airplanes.

RJDC, quit whining about "The Man" keeping you down.

JoeMerchant said:
Well then why did ACA have to terminate the DAL codeshare when it started Indy Air?

Indy flies aircraft configured with more than 97 seats, the current limit. At the time the limit was 70 seats. Since Indy made the decision to go to the Bus, DAL was no longer permitted to have a DCI contract with the competition.

Your scope language DOES limit what we do outside the DAL codeshare and thus the reason there is an RJDC.

Our scope language limits what DAL does.

Latest resources

Back