Rifle Co. - Hotel suggestions?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Drive to Glewood Springs

Just head east to Glenwood Springs. Take the Tram to the Fairy Caves and then take a dip in the beautiful Hot Springs Pool. If you can get a room, stay at the Hot Spring's Lodge. Hotel Colorado and the Hotel Denver are very Historic. Don't know of any high target spots for the Night Clubs, but I like to eat at Los Desperados, on the west side of town. Great steaks at the Rivira Steak House on the south side of the river. Doc Holiday's grave is a nice walk and for the more athletic, drive just east of town and hike to Hanging Lake. 1100 foot climb over 1 1/4 mile trail that is well marked.

A nice golf course above the town and great fishing in spots. Lots of hotels to chose from in town as well.

It is wondderful place to take the family.

Hope this helps. It's one of my favorite place to play and visit.

ciao!

You could also go West a bit and crash in Grand Junction. There is a nice brewery "downtown".

You could also go West a bit and crash in Grand Junction. There is a nice brewery "downtown".

Now how did I know you'd know where to find a good brewpub in GJT????:beer:
Looks like my kid will be a Buff next year. Too bad they think he's to small for Division I ball.

I know there isn't much to choose from, but does anyone have a hotel suggestion for a Rifle overnight?

Thanks
CG

Hey Blackie! Que' Pasa'? I cant remember where I stayed last time, but it was in Glenwood Springs! Me thinks it was like a Hampton Inn, or some small chain...I believe if you're a Hilton Ho, there is a Hilton partner there of some sort!

Nice rest. and Microbrews in town, not that you drink....Much!

Go to Grand Junction. Real hotels, real people, reasonable food and no artsy fartsy crowd.

I hate Aspen in case you didn't notice.

But hey, if you are a young guy and want to party make the drive to Aspen.

Now how did I know you'd know where to find a good brewpub in GJT????:beer:
Looks like my kid will be a Buff next year. Too bad they think he's to small for Division I ball.
Tell him not to feel bad. CU is not really Div 1 this year anyway.

Latest resources

Back