Retroactive SIC type?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AceCrackshot

So does the new SIC count retroactively? Can I take my old training records into the FSDO and have them add the SIC types I flew under part 121?

Thanks!

Just curious, why would you want it? It doesn't do a thing for you. All it is is a paperwork song and dance. I can't imagine a company requiring an "SIC Type" to be considered a job applicant.

Why not? I'll admit to a self-validation plea...I sat through the school, I'd like to see it on my ATPL. I'd be a type rating whore if I or my company could afford it. I like flying new airplanes.

Plus, you never know. Perhaps it would be valid for a ferry or contract job. Or on a computer scored resume, a SIC type might be worth a 1/2 point, or however the HR savants score that stuff. If I'm already going up there to get my CFI renewed, then just drop it off at the same time.

Well, that's my story...not too illuminating.

As I understand it, if you had training in the aircraft in the last 12 months, you can do that. If not, you're SOL.

We've been told to fill out the 8710, find a chief pilot or check airman to sign off on the training then find an FAA guy to turn it in to. You could do it retroactive, you would need someone to sign off on your training though. As someone else mentioned, I think there's a time limit too

AceCrackshot said:
Why not? I'll admit to a self-validation plea...I sat through the school, I'd like to see it on my ATPL. I'd be a type rating whore if I or my company could afford it. I like flying new airplanes.

Plus, you never know. Perhaps it would be valid for a ferry or contract job. Or on a computer scored resume, a SIC type might be worth a 1/2 point, or however the HR savants score that stuff. If I'm already going up there to get my CFI renewed, then just drop it off at the same time.

Well, that's my story...not too illuminating.

Fair enough...I can understand the part about wanting to get something in return for completing several weeks of school...especially when you train to PIC standards and the company just won't let you take the PIC checkride.

SIC Type Question

What does it do for you? I understand the fact that ICAO requires 2 type rated pilots to fly international, but what else does it do? What would having it retro do for you?

Thank you.

FalconPilot69 said:
What does it do for you? I understand the fact that ICAO requires 2 type rated pilots to fly international, but what else does it do? What would having it retro do for you?

Thank you.

Fills out the back side of your pilot cert and adds a bit more to a resume.

Latest resources

Back