Retirement Letter From USAirways.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CWI

I received a letter recently from USAirways that they are offering retirement while on furlough in exchange for lifetime travel benefits.

Has anyone else reading this Board received this letter? What are your thoughts on this option?

I've read many of the Threads here and still haven't figured out what the deal is with the Furloughed USAirways pilots as far as the merger is concerned. Are we all going to the bottom of the list? Just courious?

Thanks for any info.................

If you dont mind my asking, how old are you? I'd take that offer in a New York second! By the way, did you just fly with AW? He said he and one of his copilots were perusing the new seniority list.

Let me see if I can figure out who AW is? I take it he's a captain here as I am, so I don't think it was me. I think we have 4-5 captains here furloughed from USAirways.

51 and 2 months.

I just pulled up the USAirways APLA site, can't believe I remembered my old ALPA number. Haven't thought of it in years!

I saw the merger list and we were all put on the bottom.

I am 99.9% sure I will be staying at Kalitta Air and just retire out of furlough if I meet the requirements. I have to take a closer look and the letter and maybe make a couple of phone calls

Last edited:
OMG, is THAT a deal... Sweet!

If anyone is with one of the LCC's, NJA, FDX, etc, they'd be a fool not to take them up on this.

Most of the AAI guys that were furloughed have no intention of going back to UAir... this would be a nice bennie for them to have considering our pass bureau's hesitancy to enter the 20th century.

Well, when DH left in 2001, those over 50 got lifetime travel bennies. So, it does not seem that they have changed anything.

HRDiva

Just remember that the "new usair" puts retirees at the bottom of the non-rev list so it isn't worth much.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back