• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Retirement Letter From USAirways.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'd say its worth it. Retirees are at the middle of the non-rev list. Only makes sense to be behind the active employees, wouldn't you say?

Actually retirees are SA 4's so Active employees including psa and piedmont are boarded first because they are SA3s

Let me see if I can figure out who AW is? I take it he's a captain here as I am, so I don't think it was me. I think we have 4-5 captains here furloughed from USAirways.

51 and 2 months.

I just pulled up the USAirways APLA site, can't believe I remembered my old ALPA number. Haven't thought of it in years!

I saw the merger list and we were all put on the bottom.

I am 99.9% sure I will be staying at Kalitta Air and just retire out of furlough if I meet the requirements. I have to take a closer look and the letter and maybe make a couple of phone calls

If age 60 remains LCC will be ugrading like crazy in the next 2-5 years. Something to think about if there is a way to stay on the list and continue working at Kallita. Good way to hedge your career unless you really think you could use the flight benefits (everythings full these days anyways).

Just out of curiosity anybody know how junior the e190 left seat is going these days?

I received a letter recently from USAirways that they are offering retirement while on furlough in exchange for lifetime travel benefits.

Has anyone else reading this Board received this letter? What are your thoughts on this option?

I've read many of the Threads here and still haven't figured out what the deal is with the Furloughed USAirways pilots as far as the merger is concerned. Are we all going to the bottom of the list? Just courious?

Thanks for any info.................

Should you choose to retire, you may also be eligible for a lifetime PBGC pension (it may not be very much - but money is money) since your DB plan was terminated. How long were you at USAir? I did it at 53, and believe the threshold is 50 years of age. I'm sure the PBGC can be googled. It allows me to consume LaBatt Blue and Yeungling so I don't have to sink to Anheuser Busch level.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back