• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Retirement jobs ...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The entire baby boomer generation never saved one dime, didn't create one damn thing worth remembering (most of the good stuff from the 60's was from people with pre-WWII birthdates), and they still want more!

Guys, thanks for the debt, fiscal cliffs, wall street collapses and bankrupted social security.

We'll be picking up the tab!

I probably could get all my material from this board...

Seriously ... I have not experienced one case resembling the horror stories flying with older pilots I read here...

I'll have to acquaint you with everybody's FAVORITE GV copilot....

When everybody in the fleet knows the name, even pilots and FA's that HAVEN'T flown with him, then you KNOW there is an issue.

Sadly, he ain't the only one.

Beat 3:10 yet?

Yes, by quite a bit (and more than once). Have you?

But I like this idea. Instead of a mandatory retirement age, we could use marathon times. Once a year every pilot must run a marathon, whether an actual race, or observed distance outside or on a treadmill. We could have an age-graded system where anyone who can't complete the distance in under, say, 3:30 is forced out of flying.

I like it!! ;)

Yes, by quite a bit (and more than once). Have you?

But I like this idea. Instead of a mandatory retirement age, we could use marathon times. Once a year every pilot must run a marathon, whether an actual race, or observed distance outside or on a treadmill. We could have an age-graded system where anyone who can't complete the distance in under, say, 3:30 is forced out of flying.

I like it!! ;)

Might get a number of Fatigue calls ...:laugh:

Since we're arguing the absurd, I'm a Thunderdome kind of guy. Only the most motivated would try out for the jobs,Darwin would handle the rest and there would be a guaranteed pilot shortage.

The entire baby boomer generation never saved one dime, didn't create one damn thing worth remembering (most of the good stuff from the 60's was from people with pre-WWII birthdates), and they still want more!

Guys, thanks for the debt, fiscal cliffs, wall street collapses and bankrupted social security.

We'll be picking up the tab!

My bride is a baby boomer. She's more of a saver than I am (except for her reckless spending on the grandbabies :p). Thanks to her nagging, the only thing we need to worry about is confiscation and redistribution "in the interest of fairness".

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back