Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Nocturnal1

Master of the Cowbell
The Air Force recently announced that they are looking for old farts (flyin types) to return to active duty with certain caveats. Anybody thinking seriously about this? I've got to say I've got mixed thoughts about the whole deal not to mention a gajillion questions.

If I were to do that, the big benefit would be to shut off the $1200 share of retired pay going to my re-married ex.

Only USAF types?

The Air Force recently announced that they are looking for old farts (flyin types) to return to active duty with certain caveats. Anybody thinking seriously about this? I've got to say I've got mixed thoughts about the whole deal not to mention a gajillion questions.
Is this open to any "old fart" reguardless of service?

Is there a link to check out this return-to-active-service announcement ?

Ex- KC-135

Last week I flew with an 88 AAA hire, age 58 who last flew the F106 back in 1987. He was taking the physical after our trip to return to the USAF full time. He is going to work with UAV's.

Last edited:
Hey that's me

I heard anybody allowed unless you have flown a B-17G at one time or another
I got 110 hours in the B-17G

One of our now furloughed pilots (USAF retired) is now flying/instructing in UAVs for a contractor out of AZ. His pay is somewhere in the low six figures, so before you decide to re-up look into one of these contractor jobs.

The officially only prefer prior military service but so far I think the only people they have hired are former military.

Latest resources

Back